Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-27-2014, 12:00 PM   #1

Got my FR3 25DS on 2-22-2014...

Great unit. Couple of questions.

1. Has anyone found an electrical Schematic for this or built their own? Also would be interested in seeing the bedroom optional TV install and any info for this. We got the Outdoor TV and the Jacks, but did not get the Bedroom TV option. I might be interested in putting one in, if it looks like it would work for us.
2. Also, looking for dimensions for the "Drawers" under the dinette and maybe even some pictures. Will try and find a newer model on the dealers lot to see if it has any of these options.

Have been having a problem with charging the battery. Little re-settable breaker in Battery Compartment was tripped once. This is located in the upper left corner (Viewed from outside of compartment). Happened once for me. The Volts are real slow to come back up, even though the Charger/Converter is supposed to go to 90% in 3-4 hours. This is a PD9270.

Ready to get this thing on the road, but too much snow on the ground in Spokane, WA right now...
Old 03-01-2014, 06:00 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjpelka View Post
Great unit. Couple of questions.

1. Has anyone found an electrical Schematic for this or built their own? Also would be interested in seeing the bedroom optional TV install and any info for this. We got the Outdoor TV and the Jacks, but did not get the Bedroom TV option. I might be interested in putting one in, if it looks like it would work for us.
2. Also, looking for dimensions for the "Drawers" under the dinette and maybe even some pictures. Will try and find a newer model on the dealers lot to see if it has any of these options.

Have been having a problem with charging the battery. Little re-settable breaker in Battery Compartment was tripped once. This is located in the upper left corner (Viewed from outside of compartment). Happened once for me. The Volts are real slow to come back up, even though the Charger/Converter is supposed to go to 90% in 3-4 hours. This is a PD9270.

Ready to get this thing on the road, but too much snow on the ground in Spokane, WA right now...
As far as wiring, FR will not have a diagram for you. It really depends on who was on the line that day. I tried to get one but couldn't when I called the FR service Manager that is what I was told. As far as your battery, it is my understanding that FR is putting in Progressive convertors now in your unit the first line they are doing it in.. If it is the new one you can just press the wizard button on the top of the board. that will put you at 14.4 volts charging. That should be a 70 amp charger. It will charge your battery to 90% and then drop to 13.6 to top off that takes hrs to do. If you don't have the manual for it look up progressive and you can get off the internet. It will explain it to you. I had to trace all my 110v stuff out my self....Good luck and safe travels.As far as your resetable breaker put a 40 amp auto reset in place of it....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:46 AM   #3

I'm glad you ordered that wizard pendent. I have almost the same thing but mine is on the board it self. It will give you total control, it is a true 4 stage converter charger. When you not using your unit you can drop it down 13.2 trickle charge. They say to let it do it on it's own but you can place in any charge. only when you are in 13.2 the unit will go up to 14.4 to desalinate your plates every 21 hrs for 15 mins.. BCLEMENS the factory rep said that your unit is the first in line for them to install it. They are going to start to use this in all units if people like it. The units use to come with the WFCO 3 stage and that's why people were buying the tender unit, but you now have that built in. I never seen my unit drop to 13.2 with the WFCO and it use to boil my water out because it stayed at 13.6 absolution mode. You also have 2 fans compared to 1 fan in the WFCO. Also your heat dissipation plate is about 1/3 bigger, I went through 2 WFCO in 2 years because of bad fan bearings, and I also had to refill my batteries all the time. If you like it may I suggest that you send BCLEMENS a PM. I would like for them to start using them in all brands. The retail cost diff. is $40.00, so you know they will get them for the same price as the WFCO as many as they buy, but they should have went the extra mile and given you the pendant with it. If I can help you in any other way, get a hold of me I'm always around the FORUM.......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
25ds