Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2016, 03:43 PM   #1
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Have you seen this?

Last week we stayed at the Grand Canyon Railway RV Resort in Williams, AZ. They require that you place pads under your levelers to keep from damaging the asphalt in the spaces. I carry pads and it was no problem. My sister-in-law and I were discussing that wouldn't it be nice if someone came out with a product that the pads could remain on the leveler discs?
Well, lo-and-behold, I get home and while on FB, an ad for RV products comes up and what do you think I see? Yep, you guessed it. Check out this link. RV SnapPad | Worlds Only Permanent Jack Pads

And, yes. I order 4.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:09 PM   #2

My darling you just wxperienced the logirythms of fb. You must have searched them in google and they knew you were looking for them.. its kind of scary
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post
Last week we stayed at the Grand Canyon Railway RV Resort in Williams, AZ. They require that you place pads under your levelers to keep from damaging the asphalt in the spaces. I carry pads and it was no problem. My sister-in-law and I were discussing that wouldn't it be nice if someone came out with a product that the pads could remain on the leveler discs?
Well, lo-and-behold, I get home and while on FB, an ad for RV products comes up and what do you think I see? Yep, you guessed it. Check out this link. RV SnapPad | Worlds Only Permanent Jack Pads

And, yes. I order 4.

Let us know how they work out. Thinking they aren't much larger than the current footprint and also wonder if they would pop off while on the road. We ordered these, https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44541-L...01J6DMJ1O?th=1, which should make it easier to place and retrieve.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:36 PM   #4

I purchased 6 a while back and really like them. They also increase the pad footprint. The only issue with mine is they were the first model out and now they have the xtra that have slots for the water to drain. I will have to modify mine. You will like em...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:43 PM   #5
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourful64 View Post
My darling you just wxperienced the logirythms of fb. You must have searched them in google and they knew you were looking for them.. its kind of scary

What's scary is that I had not done any search for them anywhere. Someone must be listening in on my conversations. They came up on one of the RV pages that I liked. I think it was RV Life, but I'm not sure. LOL

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 09-21-2016, 09:46 PM   #6
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkipnTerri View Post
Let us know how they work out. Thinking they aren't much larger than the current footprint and also wonder if they would pop off while on the road. We ordered these, https://www.amazon.com/Camco-44541-L...01J6DMJ1O?th=1, which should make it easier to place and retrieve.

From what I've seen on the www the footprint is a little larger than the leveler pad when in place. The ones you have are very similar to what I have now. I will keep you posted.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:48 PM   #7
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I purchased 6 a while back and really like them. They also increase the pad footprint. The only issue with mine is they were the first model out and now they have the xtra that have slots for the water to drain. I will have to modify mine. You will like em...

I saw the early design on the www. I ordered the xtra. Thanks for the input.

Old 09-21-2016, 09:49 PM   #8

Quote:
I've had mine for at least 6 months and there is no way they are going to pop off while traveling. They are called "snap pads" because it takes a lot of force to get them to snap in place. Watch their installation video and you will see what I mean. How to Install | RV SnapPad

You can also see from the video how much the increase the footprint...

Old 09-22-2016, 06:38 AM   #9

We stayed at Grand Canyon Railway RV Resort last Xmas and did the whole Polar Express train ride with our 5 year old. Nice clean campground.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:15 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post

And, yes. I order 4.
Actually, the requirement is for trailer stabilizers and possibly levelers that have very small, or non existent pads (feet). If you are able to install the rubber pads you are talking about your levelling pads (feet) are probably 9 inch and you would not be required to place something under them. The reason a requirement exists at the campground is due to stabilizers gouging out the asphalt. I have stayed there many times in a MH with 9 inch levelling pads (feet) and not have to use anything under them. There is a sign posted for this requirement but an inquire would have clarified it.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:53 PM   #11

we bought these last year and have used them this entire year - the only issue we've had is them collecting water (which the new version takes care of) makes our leveling so much easier now.
We've driven about 2500 miles with them on, and no issues with them coming off.

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:35 PM   #12
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Actually, the requirement is for trailer stabilizers and possibly levelers that have very small, or non existent pads (feet). If you are able to install the rubber pads you are talking about your levelling pads (feet) are probably 9 inch and you would not be required to place something under them. The reason a requirement exists at the campground is due to stabilizers gouging out the asphalt. I have stayed there many times in a MH with 9 inch levelling pads (feet) and not have to use anything under them. There is a sign posted for this requirement but an inquire would have clarified it.
Please, don't misunderstand why I posted this. I am not complaining about the requirement or what type/size leveler/stabilizer needs the pads.
It was the surprise that a product exists that my sister-in-law and I were discussing. Neither of us knew these pads existed. I'm surprised that many folks already knew they did. Kinda a funny (ha-ha) moment.

Old 09-22-2016, 06:22 PM   #13

Don't have my coach here now to check, are there 6 jacks on the 30DS?
bmmarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:07 PM   #14

I am going to check tomorrow if our 9" pads can be replaced with the Lippert 12" pads. I have issues at my home where it is parked in grass.

If not I'm gonna try these slip-ons!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20160922-200302.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	120990  
DutchRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 07:37 PM   #15
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmarly View Post
Don't have my coach here now to check, are there 6 jacks on the 30DS?

Nope. Only 4.

Old 09-22-2016, 09:29 PM   #16

Amazon has a 4 pack available.

lickem66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:35 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickem66 View Post
Amazon has a 4 pack available.
You can actually get a 4 pack from the mfg for $5 less plus free shipping. Nice if your not an Amazon Prime member.. Get the xtra model...

NEW! SnapPad Xtra – RV SnapPad

Old 09-23-2016, 06:56 AM   #18

Well, here we were all excited about these. Skip said, "You know, I think our levelers are square." Sure enough, they are. So, until they come out with a set for Bigfoot levelers, we'll have to keep using our jack pads.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #19

Found part numbers for the 12" pads from LCI. ( 117238 12” Foot Pad for Leveling Jacks - Optional )

HERE PDF

BOLT - COUPLE OF O-RINGS - WASHER

Contacted LCI for pricing
DutchRv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 09:17 AM   #20

Quote:
Well, here we were all excited about these. Skip said, "You know, I think our levelers are square." Sure enough, they are. So, until they come out with a set for Bigfoot levelers, we'll have to keep using our jack pads.
The only time I put something under my big foot levelers is if i need more height or there is mud.

Do you have problems with yours sinking?