Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2020, 08:25 PM   #1

How to mount soap dispenser to wall?

I notice a number of people have mounted soap dispensers to shower, bathroom wall and kitchen wall. I am new to being an RV owner and we are about to take delivery of a 2018 FR3 30DS. The walls seem very thin. How are people mounting the mounting plates?
FRFreddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:34 PM   #2

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

We use Command Strips for bathrom areas, or the indoor/outdoor kind. They also make soap holders and mounting strips, but I didn't like them so we bought one that matched our rig and used the Command strips.

There are other indoor/outdoor double sided mounting tapes out there and most of them work equally well.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:34 PM   #3

Quote:
We use Command Strips for bathrom areas,
You would be surprised how good those Command Strips hold on even painted walls... smooth surfaces even better, with no damage to the wall surface when you want to take it down.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 07:01 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRFreddie View Post
I notice a number of people have mounted soap dispensers to shower, bathroom wall and kitchen wall. I am new to being an RV owner and we are about to take delivery of a 2018 FR3 30DS. The walls seem very thin. How are people mounting the mounting plates?
I took down all our window valances this weekend and replaced with curtain rods. I just made sure any new screws were smaller than the screws in the L brackets the valances screw to were mounted with. Drilled a small pilot hole to get the new screw started.
Griswards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:10 PM   #5

In other than damp locations, I have had good luck with pop rivets over the years. Just make sure you use a rivet that expands on the backside of the paneling and you want a permanent mount.

2019 Salem FSX 179DBK
firemedicmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 03:29 PM   #6

When applying Command items or other glue on devices, be sure the surface is CLEAN. Wipe with alcohol, not glass cleaner that contains wax.
First Mate = Xiangbing
Crew = Radar, NiuNiu & NaNa
BobHanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:21 PM   #7

I used the self adhesive tape That came with ours and added silicone all around the perimeter of the bracket. 5 yrs later and still holding strong.
JP Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:55 PM   #8

Here's our kitchen area - with mounted spice rack + magnetic knife holder. Also removed the TV and built some cabinet doors with white board insets - the kids love waking up each day to see what the plan is, where we're heading and what we're doing -

Griswards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 09:59 AM   #9

I just found this new double sided tape called: Nano Tape. I got it off of ebay and used it on 2 things so far. I like that you can remove it reuse it.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nano-Double...3ol3qpOBNvI8jw
Philkaty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount