Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2021, 11:49 PM   #1

Is my TV reception from the Winegard Gateway?

I have a 2021 Fr3 30ds with the Winegard Gateway. Is my living room TV getting its signal from the Winegard Gateway? I have assumed that it is as I'm have been getting some good over the air reception.
And I have reservations at a RV park with included cable. If I connect the cable to the rear compartment connection by the power cable will this give me cable TV?

There is a cable outlet labeled Winegard by the living room TV but no cable is attached. What is this outlet for?
Boydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:38 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydoo View Post
I have a 2021 Fr3 30ds with the Winegard Gateway. Is my living room TV getting its signal from the Winegard Gateway? I have assumed that it is as I'm have been getting some good over the air reception.

And I have reservations at a RV park with included cable. If I connect the cable to the rear compartment connection by the power cable will this give me cable TV?

There is a cable outlet labeled Winegard by the living room TV but no cable is attached. What is this outlet for?

Monitoring for others input because I have the same questions.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:32 AM   #3

The "gateway" technically refers to the Wi-Fi router and not anything for TV cable.

If using park cable, the powered antenna switch needs to be turned off, and then the TVs can do a channel scan (switch from antenna to cable on the menu).
Old 11-29-2021, 08:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by besweeet View Post
The "gateway" technically refers to the Wi-Fi router and not anything for TV cable.
The gateway is the wifi router mounted to the interior ceiling of the coach. Above it, on the exterior, is the Winegard Air 360+. According to the manual it is an “ OMNIDIRECTIONAL TV/FM ANTENNA + WIFI + 4G EXTENDER*
*when paired with compatible Winegard Gateway (GW-1000)”.

So, I believe that the Air 360+ is responsible for bringing all signals into the coach, EXCEPT for the direct connection to a park’s hardwire antenna port.
2011 Honda CRV toad
RVwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 08:53 PM   #5

You may find this wiring schematic helpful.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5500DA7B-E5CD-490F-BE01-9CDA96BFB144.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	139.9 KB
ID:	266248  
2011 Honda CRV toad
RVwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:04 PM   #6

we live on the east coast of Canada and the Omni directional antenna is useless. in Niagara Falls area it picked up several free to air channels but here nothing but static.
Old 12-01-2021, 02:42 PM   #7
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
we live on the east coast of Canada and the Omni directional antenna is useless. in Niagara Falls area it picked up several free to air channels but here nothing but static.
You live in a very rural region of New Brunswick, far away from any major cities broadcasting Over The Air (OTA). I doubt too many antennas would benefit you.
We have a directional antenna and it didn’t do well in your area either.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:46 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
You live in a very rural region of New Brunswick, far away from any major cities broadcasting Over The Air (OTA). I doubt too many antennas would benefit you.
We have a directional antenna and it didn’t do well in your area either.
Isn't all NB rural lol.
We live so far out we have to come in to hunt.
Actually I live 5 minutes from Fredericton - so its not that far away from a major center.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:27 PM   #9
Retired Panpsychist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
...{snip} We live so far out we have to come in to hunt...{snip}
Now that's funny!!!

2007 GoldenDoodle ("Cooper") R.I.P.
2020 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS
2015 F-150 4WD XLT SCab, 5.0L, 3.73, 36gal, HD Towing Pkg (53A), 1,980lb Payload
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:31 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boydoo View Post

Here's my best guess after digging around in the end of that cabinet hooking up my satellite...

1. I believe the jack on the Winegard panel goes to the park hookup. Another piece of cable would then have to be run up to the TV.

2. Each TV in the coach has it's own seperate cable run from the back of the wingard panel providing antenna input to each TV.

3. The back of that winegard panel has a circuit board with smaller connectors that all the cables hook to.

4. The button on the winegard panel has to be pushed in with the light on to provide the antenna signal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv hookups.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	307.1 KB
ID:	266494  
fuzzball is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reception, tv reception, winegard