Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2017, 08:57 PM   #1

LCI leveling system not working

2015 30DS no problems with system in the 3 years I've had it. Engine running, parking brake engaged, system turns on when touching power button. Not in error mode, no flashing lights, no alarm. Indicator lights lit (solid) are right and rear. I always use manual mode, when I touch manual, it lights. Then when I touch any of the four buttons (front, rear, right it left) there is no response. Also there is no response when engaging the system and and touching the auto button which will light but no response. Fluid reservoir is full and red flag breaker is not tripped. I have tripped and reset it. I have removed control panel from armrest, unplugged it
(reset) and plugged it back in.
What am I missing?
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:44 PM   #2

I had a little issue and realized my parking brake was not engaged enough. That's all I got.
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antone View Post
I had a little issue and realized my parking brake was not engaged enough. That's all I got.

Thanks Antone,
My parking brake light is lit up on dashboard, but I will definitely give that a try in the morning.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:43 PM   #4

what came about LL?
Combatcoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatcoal View Post
what came about LL?

Figured it out the next morning. I had washed the coach the previous day and had hosed the mud and sand debris off the inside of the propane tank area. Water had rolled off the right side of the propane tank and into the pump wiring harness. I unsnapped it, sprayed WD 40 into both sides of the connection, snapped it back together and the system was completely back to normal. Lesson learned, be more careful with water around electrical connections.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:00 AM   #6

ty for the feedback.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by leisurelarry View Post
Figured it out the next morning. I had washed the coach the previous day and had hosed the mud and sand debris off the inside of the propane tank area. Water had rolled off the right side of the propane tank and into the pump wiring harness. I unsnapped it, sprayed WD 40 into both sides of the connection, snapped it back together and the system was completely back to normal. Lesson learned, be more careful with water around electrical connections.
I have used, (with much success), a marine coating made by CRC for all of my toys that will see water, mud, salt, etc.
They make a couple types specifically for electrical / electronics - marine grade.
What it is / does, is put a protective coating on the wiring harnesses and connectors, terminal blocks, anything you spray it on.
No worries about fouling things up.
Have it on my offroad cars entire electrical connectors / terminal blocks assemblies.
Not one failure since purchase, and I pressure wash it quite a bit.
I noticed there is no undercoating or harness protection on my new coach, so I am going to invest in a few cans and get to work.

I would suggest ensuring clean connections prior to application.
Spray anything that will get wet, dirty, muddy.

my.02
travelboysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:26 PM   #8

would that be CRC Marine Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor? if so, great reviews on Amazon.
Old 04-25-2017, 07:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelboysteve View Post
I have used, (with much success), a marine coating made by CRC for all of my toys that will see water, mud, salt, etc.

They make a couple types specifically for electrical / electronics - marine grade.

What it is / does, is put a protective coating on the wiring harnesses and connectors, terminal blocks, anything you spray it on.

No worries about fouling things up.

Have it on my offroad cars entire electrical connectors / terminal blocks assemblies.

Not one failure since purchase, and I pressure wash it quite a bit.

I noticed there is no undercoating or harness protection on my new coach, so I am going to invest in a few cans and get to work.

I would suggest ensuring clean connections prior to application.

Spray anything that will get wet, dirty, muddy.

my.02

Thanks Travelboysteve, will definitely check it out!

Tags
leveling