Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2016, 08:49 PM   #1

Love our 2016 Forest River FR3!

(See the link attached for full article and photos.)

However, I have added a few low dollar items to make it more livable. These items cost next to nothing and I am sure some of you have better ones, but here we go.
#1 The door is hard for me to close. I am over 6 foot tall and when I walk up the steps it is hard for me to shut the door. So I just hang a bungee cord onto the last and it is now easier for me to close.

#2 Uses the same bungee cord to solve another problem The front door will not stay open when it is windy when you want to only have the screen door open. Now all I have to do is attach the bungee cord to the awning arm.

#3 It is also hard to find the lock to put the key in at night, no light. Walmart sells a plastic light for $1.00 that I attached velcro to on the back and it folds down and lights up the key area great.

#4 I also think there needs to be more “night lights” in the FR3. I bought a low dollar set that includes several lights and an on-off controller and stuck them around the motorhome too.

#5 Simple. We needed inside and outside temperatures. Easy to find one of these units at Walmart or auto parts store.

#6 Sometimes you need some extra air moving in the motorhome. These small clip on fans mount anywhere and plugin to a wall socket. They also work well in your bathroom if you don’t have a fan on your air vent!

#7 We also needed places to hang thing on in the bathroom, so we bought these neat little hangers that tape on your walls and hold up to 5 lbs.

#8 Same types of hangers can be used for other things. We used some more of them in the front closet to hang keys.

#9 We wanted to store a couple more things In our bedroom, like our walking sticks and the leather seat for our dinette, so we Velcro some hooks on the wall and used some more bungee cords.

#10 Last but not least, we needed to get covers for the air vents so it would not rain into our motorhome. We bought these at Camping World and love them.

Stay tuned for the next ten things we are going to add to improve our great FR3 and you can use on your motorhome too.
Attached Files
File Type: docx Love our 2016 Forest River FR3.docx (892.3 KB, 126 views)
Falcon Group is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:50 AM   #2

Looking great. Glad your enjoying your new rig and personalizing it how it works for you. We also have the MaxxAir roof vent/fans and they're really nice. Just nice to keep them open during a rain storm and have some ventilation. See ya around.
Old 11-20-2016, 10:42 AM   #3
Curiouser and Curiouser

Thanks for the good ideas and especially nice that they are low cost and easy to install!

Tags
forest river