Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2022, 11:43 AM   #1

Manual for 2014 FR3

Greetings! We just purchased a 2014 FR3 and will be picking it up from the dealer in a few days. I am looking all over the web for a PDF of the manual for the FR3 and can't locate one. It looks like Forest River only goes back to 2015 on their virtual manual site.

Is there a general owners manual for the FR3?

We are super excited, moving from a Forest River pop up trailer to the FR3 is a nice upgrade for us. No more scrambling to get set up and tear down in the Arizona heat.
DaveAndCamCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 11:57 AM   #2

Owners manual's are so generic that any one is probably good for 5 years before or after your model year - so the 2015 year one you found will do just fine. Any differences from the 2014 year one will be very, very minimal.

You will be much better off if you go thru your RV and write down the model and model numbers of every component you can find info for - - stove; refer; heater; AC; water heater; tele; radio/stereo; water heater; etc, etc, etc and google the manuals for each of them.

yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2022, 12:05 PM   #3
Site Team

Yep, just download the current FR3 owners manual. Nearly all RV manufacturers only provide a generic owners manual with no model-specific nor brand-specific information. Just basic RV systems information.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2022, 08:27 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveAndCamCamping View Post
Greetings! We just purchased a 2014 FR3 and will be picking it up from the dealer in a few days. I am looking all over the web for a PDF of the manual for the FR3 and can't locate one. It looks like Forest River only goes back to 2015 on their virtual manual site.

Is there a general owners manual for the FR3?

We are super excited, moving from a Forest River pop up trailer to the FR3 is a nice upgrade for us. No more scrambling to get set up and tear down in the Arizona heat.
I’m traveling now, be home next week, but I’ve got some manuals for my 2014 and will share with you. PM me with your email and I’ll send it to you.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:42 PM   #5

I also have a 2014 that I bought used a few months ago. I haven't found a 2014 owners manual either, but found as you did that it starts with 2015. The info is very generic and really doesn't provide any technical info such as wiring diagrams or fuse locations. A lot of chassis info can be found from Ford by searching for manuals for the year of your chassis. Keep in mind the chassis is usually the previous year from the coach. Forest River does offer their owner's manual through an app called "Forest River RV Owner's Guide" that you can download from your regular app source. I have found some of the wiring diagrams such as the battery control center (BCC) right here on this forum. I don't know why Forest River is not more forth coming with technical info, but seems to be the rule that they are not. Enjoy your coach. We are loving ours. I am getting more used to driving it with each trip.
ldstandlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2022, 08:50 PM   #6

Thanks!
DaveAndCamCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 11:41 AM   #7
FR3 Regional Sales

Send a message via ICQ to Barry Hughes
Send me a brief e-mail and I'll respond with several links to helpful topics, including Manuels!
bhughes@forestriverinc.com
Barry Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, fr3, manual