Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #1

Overhead bunk

Anyone else's overhead bunk falling when you hit bumps in the road? I removed the magnets and shimmed then out using large washers. That made the bunk much more secure and it doesn't fall any longer.
GBonifay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBonifay View Post
Anyone else's overhead bunk falling when you hit bumps in the road? I removed the magnets and shimmed then out using large washers. That made the bunk much more secure and it doesn't fall any longer.
I have not had this problem, however I did have all of the phillips head screws around the frame that attach the board underneath the mattress come loose.
socalrcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #3

Just finished three weeks out. No problem with the bunk. I was off on some forest service roads without issues. The dealer did say the driver had some issues with it and to watch for it. Thanks for the heads up. To clarify, if this does happen: you removed the magnets and shimmed to move the mag down with more psi on the frame?

DR
D5106ret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by D5106ret View Post
Just finished three weeks out. No problem with the bunk. I was off on some forest service roads without issues. The dealer did say the driver had some issues with it and to watch for it. Thanks for the heads up. To clarify, if this does happen: you removed the magnets and shimmed to move the mag down with more psi on the frame?

DR
Yes. Really hard to get the mag out of the shell. Had to slide a thin object under to break the magnet bond.
GBonifay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:24 PM   #5

I had my FR3 bunk start making lots of noise as I moved down any not smooth roads. The dealer fixed it by replacing the wood screws with bolts from the frame to large washers on top of the wood, then lock nut the bolts down.
Ron Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote