Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #1

Pick up our New FR3 25DS tomorrow!

Don't typically post on these types of forums. More of a lurker but in the case of such a big purchase for me and my family I stumbled upon this forum while researching the FR3's and the Storms. I found so much information regarding the problems and things to look for that it helped in making our decision and buying a lot easier. So kudos to you all for posting what you have.

Anyways, the decision came down to the FR3 25DS and the Storm 28F. We are a younger family (late 30's) with an 8 yr old and a 4 yr old and much experience with camping as we've had various popups over the last 10 years. My wife and I have known all along that we would eventually move up to a MH so after saving the last couple of years and positioning ourselves for a large purchase, we decided over the last month to get onboard! We decided on the FR3 25DS because of it's relatively small length and more-so because of the 'sporty' styling that we liked. The Storm was a bit more 'luxurious' on the interior but after reading here and with more research, decided the FR3 is built a bit better (even with the issues some are having). We also tailgate for Colorado State football games (Go Rams!) and really liked the exterior tv/speakers, LED lighting etc.

We live in Denver and found a late production 2014 (updated shower, no carpet etc) locally with the (3) available options and 1,000 miles (delivery from IN.) Worked the deal over the last week and we pick it up tomorrow. Made sure the slide motor/gears have been replaced (thank you FR3 forum posters!), had the dealer add (2) fantastic fans and also had them install a radius'd curtain to separate the bedroom from the living room. Dealer has been easy to work with. I think FR missed the mark with the exclusion of an inverter but I'll add one with my existing solar panels and no small table like in the Georgetown 270 between the front seats - Will add my own, but all in all we're happy. We will make it our own and enjoy it for the next 5 years or so until we upgrade again.

We understand that this is an entry-level MH but feel that Forest River hit the nail on the head on this one and believe that it is a perfect MH for us and our age-group. I'm sure there will be issues to deal with and I'm sure I'll lurk here to find out how to handle it but again, thanks to you all that post and we're excited to take it out this weekend for a game and camping!

If you see an FR3 with a CSU sticker in the back window rolling along the Front Range, it's us!

Honk if you like it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	365.6 KB
ID:	63919  
Meathouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:31 PM   #2

Good Luck, Have Fun and Welcome to the Family....

b1barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:35 PM   #3

Welcome and congrats on your FR3 25DS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 04:51 PM   #4

Honk !!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
GJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:08 PM   #5

Welcome and enjoy the fun.
FROG Member
FMCA Member #F438633 - Good Sam Life Member
Coachmens Owners Group Member
ResQfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 09:25 PM   #6

Pics please

How about posting some inside and outside pics! Been interested in the curtain and curious as to what it looks like! We love ours but still working out the kinks! Welcome to the family!!
Brewster McFrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:47 AM   #7
Laverne & Surely

Awesome! We love our 30DS, bought from B&B RV in Denver. We have a little Ram at CSU now, and May sport a Ram sticker, next to my CU Buff sticker 😊

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Vudu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #8

Ahhhhh, a ucb fan? : )

My kids call them the 'hairy cows'! Have no idea where they got it from. ; )

We looked at B&B as we've rented from them in the past but the 25DS's were beat up pretty badly from renting them out. Plus they had 9,000 and 17,000 miles on the 2 they had on the lot.

I don't like buying someone else's problems, so we looked for a new one and found ours at RV America up North.

Excited to get ours today.
Meathouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:20 PM   #9

How do you like the new FR3 25DS
��
Brewster McFrisk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
25ds