Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2019, 10:40 AM   #1

Piece of wood trim breaks off when slide goes out

On my 2018 FR3 30ds, a little piece of wood trim maybe 2.5" long just above the floor keeps breaking off every time I put the driver side slide in or out. This is at the corner of the dinette where it backs up to the couch. I've glued it back and even put screws in it but it still breaks off every time. Obviously something underneath the dinette is raised up and is hitting it but I can't see anything to cause this. It's just a cosmetic thing but is very annoying. Anyone else have this problem? If so, were you able to fix it? Thanks. P.S. I will post a picture of it when I find it.
jimlitwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 10:46 AM   #2

Wood trim location

I should have clarified that the wood trim that breaks is on the very outside of the dinette, below the bench seat that is closest to the front of the motorhome. It is at the very corner of the outside edge of the dinette unit.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:36 AM   #3

Picture of broken trim

Something is obviously hitting this trim every time I put the slide out. I guess I could just shave some wood off the bottom of the piece so hopefully it won't catch? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FR3 Broken wood trim.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	186.1 KB
ID:	203221  
Old 04-30-2019, 07:08 AM   #4

Yep.... I think first time I maybe had something in the way of the slide and I just think its a weak point.. I try to ignore it. Glued back in place several times. OH WELL.
gbaldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlitwin View Post
Something is obviously hitting this trim every time I put the slide out. I guess I could just shave some wood off the bottom of the piece so hopefully it won't catch? Any other suggestions? Thanks.
On mine the dinette platform wasn't square. It made the theater seat on that side bind against the molding. I removed the molding and trimmed the platform to get more room. In the process, I split my trim (like yours). I used Gorilla to repair it. Time will tell if it will hold!
mtnjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 08:14 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbaldwin View Post
Yep.... I think first time I maybe had something in the way of the slide and I just think its a weak point.. I try to ignore it. Glued back in place several times. OH WELL.
Thanks. Glad to know I am not the only one with this problem. It might be a weak point but that is pretty heavy duty screw I put in there and it popped right off. That took a fair amount of force. But when slide is all the way out, I see no obstacles that would cause that!
Old 04-30-2019, 08:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnjeeper View Post
On mine the dinette platform wasn't square. It made the theater seat on that side bind against the molding. I removed the molding and trimmed the platform to get more room. In the process, I split my trim (like yours). I used Gorilla to repair it. Time will tell if it will hold!
Thanks
Old 04-30-2019, 07:01 PM   #8

We used epoxy and raised the trim piece just a hair. Also placed some self-adhesive softy material under the edge to keep the room from resting on the floor directly and possibly tearing the floor covering. Has seemed to help and the trim on the corner has not come off again.
CC Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 07:48 PM   #9

Thanks for the good ideas

I never thought about that edge rubbing the floor a little on the way out. I think I will shave a little off the bottom of the piece and hopefully that will do the trick.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:48 PM   #10

Here's a picture of the white substance that is there when put the slide out after a day of driving. It comes right off when I wipe it with a damp paper towel.
Old 06-04-2019, 06:52 PM   #11

This the white powder-like substance on the floor Click image for larger version

Name:	20190529_163932.jpeg
Views:	159
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	206449
Old 06-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #12

Mine is also doing this . I think the slide cables need adjusted
Miller Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #13

Can you adjust the slide cables so it doesn't rub in the floor? If so, does anyone know how to do this?
Old 06-17-2019, 12:53 PM   #14

There is a manual you can download on this forum. It is under Accuslide slideout moving while driving. It was posted by witch doctor.
Miller Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #15

I actually found the Accuslide manual online and talked to Michelle, the tech there about it. She said I should remove the fascia on the slide and check to see if any of the cables are a little loose. She also said there is no up or down adjustment but a loose cable could cause the slide to be a little wobbly. They should not be "hanging down" at all but straight across. NEXT QUESTION - does anyone know what fascia she is talking about on an FR3 and how to remove it? Michelle from Accuslide was not sure where Forest River has it or how to remove it. I don't want to just randomly start pulling off pieces of wood and ruining my FR3. I have a 2018 FR3 30ds, Thanks!
Old 06-17-2019, 04:14 PM   #16

Quote:
I actually found the Accuslide manual online and talked to Michelle, the tech there about it. She said I should remove the fascia on the slide and check to see if any of the cables are a little loose. She also said there is no up or down adjustment but a loose cable could cause the slide to be a little wobbly. They should not be "hanging down" at all but straight across. NEXT QUESTION - does anyone know what fascia she is talking about on an FR3 and how to remove it? Michelle from Accuslide was not sure where Forest River has it or how to remove it. I don't want to just randomly start pulling off pieces of wood and ruining my FR3. I have a 2018 FR3 30ds, Thanks!

Name:	IMG_0593.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	315.2 KB
ID:	207612
Here’s the trim (fascia) piece your asking about. I have 2015 30DS and have had mine opened many times. It’s above the top of the slide and on mine there are actually two pieces of trim that cover the inner workings of the slide system. There are 4 plastic caps which are siliconed onto a square head screw underneath. You may need to remove both pieces. I don’t know if it’s your front or back cable that’s loose, broken or disconnected from the turnbuckle. The trim pieces will fall right off when you remove the screws, so watch out. You may or may need to remove some additional pieces of raw wood underneath the trim to access the the area you need to work with. They are all attached with a nail/staple gun so be prepared. Anxious to hear what is really going on. Best wishes with your endeavor!
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 05:24 AM   #17

Quote:
I removed my fascia in my thread:
Stuck in my Driveway with a dead living room slide motor.
From post #19:

Name:	FR3 Slide Motor 7 20180903_140706.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	207647
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 08:10 PM   #18

This piece was missing on my 2019 fr3 30ds during PDI. Haven't re-installed, but sounds like it will not be the first time it falls off.
obrienmikej is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide