Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2019, 03:26 PM   #21

FR3 and ice maker

I see that the FR3 has an 18 cu ft refrigerator but does it come with an ice maker.
OleSkule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 05:45 PM   #22
Arvee Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleSkule View Post
I see that the FR3 has an 18 cu ft refrigerator but does it come with an ice maker.
Mine didn't. Not sure if one is available.
Old 05-10-2019, 06:10 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Oregoner View Post
Mine didn't. Not sure if one is available.
My 2018 30ds does not have one. Just 2 ice cube trays. I looked at a 2019 and don't recall seeing one there.
jimlitwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:04 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlitwin View Post
My 2018 30ds does not have one. Just 2 ice cube trays. I looked at a 2019 and don't recall seeing one there.
My 2019 33ds has no ice maker .4 trays though[emoji1]
longdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 09:14 AM   #25

I have a 2019 30 ds

Hi I bought one in the fall and have 3200 Kim on it.
I am a Finnish carpenter and owned a rv for 20 years.
It’s a cheeper unit that’s why I bought it. It has some cheeper finnishes but saying that it also has the bones and the parts of any other rv. The leveling system the fridge etc. We have to change the toilet because of a recall drom dometic 300. But they are really good and sending me a better one. Other than making a few alterations and the cheep fix to the steering I think it’s a great unit. Looking forward to getting it on the road. Hope this helps.
Iankerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:07 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iankerr View Post
Hi I bought one in the fall and have 3200 Kim on it.
I am a Finnish carpenter and owned a rv for 20 years.
It’s a cheeper unit that’s why I bought it. It has some cheeper finnishes but saying that it also has the bones and the parts of any other rv. The leveling system the fridge etc. We have to change the toilet because of a recall drom dometic 300. But they are really good and sending me a better one. Other than making a few alterations and the cheep fix to the steering I think it’s a great unit. Looking forward to getting it on the road. Hope this helps.
What was the cheap fix to the steering and pardon my ignorance, what is a 3200 kim.
I own a 2019 33ds. Thank's
longdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 10:47 AM   #27

Cheep fix

Look it up on the net
I googled ford f 53 stability adjustment
There are a lot of video on the net u tube etc.
I changed the bolt pattern on the sway bars.
It worked ok made it so I don’t need to go crazy with shocks and stabilizer arms.
And yes spell check kilometres short form doesn’t compute.
Old 06-01-2019, 10:51 AM   #28

Ice maker

I had one and took it out of my old south wind
I found I didn’t trust all the water hook ups that I hooked up too after the first few years. Even with filters and chlorinating the fresh water once a year. I just make ice with fresh water. The freezer is big enough and the ice maker took a fair bit of room. Cheers
Old 11-24-2019, 08:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Oregoner View Post
I also want to add: no suspension mods or handling aids are needed on the 2019! I had a 700 mile trip home after purchasing the 30DS, and I was amazed at how well it did with crosswinds and oncoming air blasts from big rigs. I had asked the salesman about adding things to improve handling, and he said the coach no longer needed that because of FR adding MorRyde chassis upfits.

He was correct.
I have found very little information regarding this upgrade from the factory. Most suspension modifications include sway bars and steering shock absorbers, as well as sumo springs.
alikair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:44 AM   #30
Arvee Pilot

Depends on where you go

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikair View Post
I have found very little information regarding this upgrade from the factory. Most suspension modifications include sway bars and steering shock absorbers, as well as sumo springs.
I have to say, after our first trip, to the Olympic Peninsula, I discovered all of the handling issues. Since then: Sumo Springs, added rear seat bar, SafeTSteer, and I am waiting for Konis.
Old Oregoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:15 PM   #31

Did u remove old medicine cab? How did you mount new one. Would like to remove ours and replace w one from lowes

Tags
fr3