Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2021, 02:23 PM   #21
D W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnydog View Post
I did not mention changing any mounts or anchors. It is just a movable clip (https://www.amazon.com/Adjuster-Seat.../dp/B07WTNB76D) that fits across the belt to keep it from retracting all the way.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't shoulder restraints introduced to secure a human being's torso from forward thrust? I don't think they were designed to be "loose".
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:31 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't shoulder restraints introduced to secure a human being's torso from forward thrust? I don't think they were designed to be "loose".
Oh my goodness! I suppose it matters what your definition of loose is.
These devices used by taller folks can be adjusted to whatever looseness you want. Better to be a little loose than strangling your shoulder for hours. Do you think that the belt doesn't have an inch or so slack before it locks into place during a collision?
Good grief.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 02:41 PM   #23

I consider myself a "Taller Folk" and the shoulder strap does not fit comfortable no matter how I try to adjust. Adding the shoulder strap has helped to the point where Im not constantly trying to readjust on the fly. (consider it not strangling me)
Im flying on blind faith that it will lock in position when there is a collision that activates the "lock" keeping me right where I need to be.

On a side note and I know we are not talking about Race Cars, but to the point made about seatbelts designed not to be loose, In many applications you are strapped to a multi point harness where you do not move even a fraction of a inch.

But I digress My RV does not go even 80MPH
2019 57:2020 20:2021 30:2022 46:2023 47:2024 7
robo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 04:41 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnydog View Post
I did not mention changing any mounts or anchors. It is just a movable clip (https://www.amazon.com/Adjuster-Seat.../dp/B07WTNB76D) that fits across the belt to keep it from retracting all the way.

Johnny dog, sorry if my reply was tied to your comment, it was meant to address other comments related to moving mounts and bases.
Old 10-07-2021, 05:39 PM   #25

A sheepskin sleeve for the seatbelt in combo with a clip -mentioned above- to keep the seatbelt from retracting tightly should make things more comfortable.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount