Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2021, 09:38 AM   #1

Slide Leak

Hello all,

I'm new to both this forum and to owning a Class A Motor Home (or any other RV for that matter). We just purchased a 2022 30DS a few weeks ago and on the way home from Prescott we had a pretty good rainstorm. My wife noticed that water was leaking in from the back of the driver's side slide. We were on the road at the time, so the slide was closed tight. The water came in along the bottom of the slide at the rear end (Photo attached). We had the unit parked in front of our house, it rained again, it leaked again. I am hoping that someone here may have and idea where it could be coming in, so I can just seal it up and use the RV as our appointment with the dealer isn't until December.

Thanks,
Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0710.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	264498  
SR0981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 02:51 PM   #2

I just got back home with my new 2022 34DS and have the same problem !!! I noticed water on the floor, behind driver's seat, after a night of heavy rain. I also noticed a large amount of water dumping off the slide out topper during retraction. 2nd occurrence was at the truck wash....slides in....and noticed a smaller amount of water in the same location. I think the only way we can find a problem like this is a top to bottom visual inspection, followed by a garden hose. Then seal replacement under warranty if all else fails. Good luck !!!
ForestGump34DS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, slide