Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2016, 02:15 PM   #1

Slideout problem

Everything was going so well to !!!!! FR3 30S/ Front slide out. On the backside of front slideout toward the bath there is an accordion affair / maybe for wiring. When I extended (tried) this accordion did not slide or contract toward bathroom. What do I do. Is there something that contracts this or it suppose to just slide in manually. Looks like one of rotating pieces popped out or broke also.

Bear
Bearister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:19 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Any photos?
Hard for us to envision without photos.

Days Camped: '17=38 '18=49 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=95
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:25 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearister View Post
Everything was going so well to !!!!! FR3 30S/ Front slide out. On the backside of front slideout toward the bath there is an accordion affair / maybe for wiring. When I extended (tried) this accordion did not slide or contract toward bathroom. What do I do. Is there something that contracts this or it suppose to just slide in manually. Looks like one of rotating pieces popped out or broke also.

Bear
You are most likely talking about what they call an E-track. These links will sometimes pop loose and can be snapped back together. Other times they will break. I had an issue where the link did not want to climb up the wall and would cause the track to bind and eventually snap. Try wiggling and pushing on the track as the slide moves out. Once out they will usually come in without issue.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 02:30 PM   #4

yes/yes

E-Track/ that is it/ looks like goes into area in bath is that correct/ do not see wall opportunity/ what is in this

Bear
Bearister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 07:15 AM   #5

It recesses into the cavity behind the toilet, the little step. I believe its just the wiring needed for the slide sensors (pressure switches), lights and outlet under the dinning table. I can't remember if you can pop that cover off in the bathroom to get better access to those links.

Tags
slide