Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2018, 07:42 PM   #1

Small Round headlight update for FR3 32Ds

I was told the factory installed headlights supplied on my FR3 32DS have removable H9 bulbs. If they are 35 watt bulbs installed as I suspect, I have been told they put out about 1500 Lumens each , so about 3000 lumens for the 2 headlights.

In contrast (so I have been told) replacement HID bulbs by KENSUN that are 55 watts each, will put out 3300 lumens each. So a whopping 6600 lumens for the pair.
They are avail in white and a more yellowish color range. The pricing is good at about $60.00 for the 2 bulbs and each has its' own ballast and customer service will help walk me thru installation if I need it.

They can be purchased thru their website and also on Amazon.

I looked on Youtube for videos on these lights and I like what I see.

I think they will actually let me drive at night and be able to see the roadway. Maybe others have already made this or similar conversion. I will try it out. The cost is right also.

They also have an extra relay wiring harness in case it is needed. There is information on their website which helps explain if this extra harness w/ relay is needed/ If so It is only about $20 dollars

Driving a 32 foot rv at night with good illumination of the road in front of me will make night time driving a pleasure again.

For the money, I think it is worth a try. I was given this info from Kensun, so I hope it is correct and hope this will be a good replacement. I will keep my old bulbs as a backup.

Anyway, I hope this info is helpful.

Happy Trails

Bob
Kentucky Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:45 PM   #2

FYI my coach is a 2017 model. Not sure if changes were made for the 2018 models or not.

Bob
Kentucky Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3, light