Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2021, 10:54 AM   #1

Splendide vs Equator Washer/Dryer Combo

My 2019 33DS came with all the hookups for a washer/dryer combo. My understanding is that the Splendide WDC7200XCD is what the dealer and/or FR3 would install. There is another washer/dryer combo by Equator 1.57-cu ft Capacity #EZ 4400N that would to fit. It is only the two of us, so small washer loads won't be a problem.
Has anyone here installed and used the Equator? The Equator is less expensive and easier for us to actually get (Lowes is 15 minutes away vs. CamperingWorld at 90+ minutes).
Old 10-18-2021, 09:23 AM   #2
Always Learning

They specifically talk about RV winterizing for it on their advertisement page which makes me think they think it's fine for RV use. I do see that it's 110v power (good).

https://equatorappliances.com/produc...&category_id=2

I know lots of people who are using a variety of other machines than the Splendide. So I'd be apt to give it a shot.

I will give a word of caution- the people who complain about the combo washer/dryers and the length of time it takes to dry are almost always talking about the non-vented kind. For me, it was VENTED or BUST.

For reference- we've had a Splendide combo for 5 years now and it kept up with fulltime living for my family of 4.
Old 10-31-2021, 10:54 PM   #3

I did get the Equator. We took all the doors and latched off the closet, next time (ha) I take the hinges off too. It is heavy. There are a couple of new dings on the woodwork that will get hidden by the cabinet doors when closed.
For now we will try to use the ventless method. I have no idea where to cut the hole for the vent (out the side?). There isn’t a lot of room back there for the vent pipe.
Pictures tomorrow when I reassemble the doors, etc.
Wash and dry report when we use it…
Old 11-01-2021, 08:37 AM   #4

Washer in place
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CB849CE0-39E8-4023-8CE5-445EFB42A56F.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	265160  
davidr is offline   Reply With Quote