Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2022, 07:42 PM   #1

Stay-an-play braking system

I have been having a problem with my Stay-an-Play braking system since December 22, 2021. Camping World in Georgia installed the base plate, the stop and turn signals diodes and the Stay-an-Play braking system. We took our first trip in January and notice that the indicator light on the car was not coming on when the brakes were pushed in the FR3. So we called Camping World in Georgia and they said they had installed the system correctly. I called DEMCO and spoke to support while we were in Ocala Florida.. So fast forward to February and Camping World in Jacksonville FL worked on the car and brakes and with talking to DEMCO the box that turns on and off the system was bad. So DEMCO sent out another box which Camping World in Jacksonville FL installed this passed Wednesday 2/23/2022 and when we tried to check it it did not work. JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE STAY-AN- PLAY BRAKING SYSTEM. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 02-26-2022, 08:08 AM   #2

Stay-an-play braking system

Just a thought…..

Unless they have changed it the one we had installed in 2018 has an adjustment for the surge amount before the brakes activate.

Inadvertently moved that once and the system didn’t get the signal to turn on since not enough surge based on the setting.

Readjusted and they were fine after that.

Should be the knob on the front of the switch box and moves back and forth in an arc to adjust. There are markings for less or more but hard to see laying in the floor in the drivers seat area of the toad.

Let me know if you need a pic since the toad is just outside the coach currently.
Old 02-26-2022, 09:26 AM   #3

I've had our stay-n-play for 6 yrs now , I installed it myself , it's been in 2 different vehicles and we have had no problems , you don't mention what vehicle you have it installed on , The S&P works with inertia and will only activate when are moving to braking , the other way to check system is to pull the break away switch ,the compressor and brake lights will come on
Old 06-02-2022, 04:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcorl View Post
I have been having a problem with my Stay-an-Play braking system since December 22, 2021. Camping World in Georgia installed the base plate, the stop and turn signals diodes and the Stay-an-Play braking system. We took our first trip in January and notice that the indicator light on the car was not coming on when the brakes were pushed in the FR3. So we called Camping World in Georgia and they said they had installed the system correctly. I called DEMCO and spoke to support while we were in Ocala Florida.. So fast forward to February and Camping World in Jacksonville FL worked on the car and brakes and with talking to DEMCO the box that turns on and off the system was bad. So DEMCO sent out another box which Camping World in Jacksonville FL installed this passed Wednesday 2/23/2022 and when we tried to check it it did not work. JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE STAY-AN- PLAY BRAKING SYSTEM. Any help will be appreciated.
Update on my Stay-and-Play braking system. With the help of DEMCO support the problem was traced to a bad crimp wire at the 12 volts coming from the battery to the control box. Everything works as it is supposed to.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:51 AM   #5

Glad to hear you got it figured out and thanks for the info on what the issue was.