Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2018, 09:20 AM   #1

Tire valve stem replacement

I am looking to replace the junky braided metal valve stems on my FR3 rear duallys with solid metal ones.

Went looking at https://www.shinyrv.com and see a kit but it says the F53 chassis hand holes are 4.25 x 2.25. Mine are significantly smaller than that at 3 x 1.5

Has anyone done this and which kit to use for our rigs. Thx in advance for any assist.
Good SAM # 807510227
FROG # GA-0056-236
FMCA # F471293
Jlreeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 06:46 PM   #2

DL1FC Chrome Duallyvalve Kit
This is what I got for mine and love it. Buy extra rubber seals for the future. For some reason, they don"t have this type on the roadside service tiretruck that you call to fix a flat and it turns out to be a valve stem seal. So Now I carry them. Safe Travels

DavidMPDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:04 AM   #3

Valve stems for outer tires

This is slightly related but may be of interest. I had no problem with the braided valve extensions for the inside tires but could not for the life of me get a tire gauge or air hose into the opening for the outer tire. It's a real knuckle buster in that small opening! I ordered some right angle valve extenders but those did not fit in the opening so returned them. Finally, a tech at a tire store suggested I get "gator" valve caps that allow you to check the tire pressure and fill them without needing to remove the valve covers. For some reason, this little change gives me just enough room to fill and check the pressure. Still very tight but possible if you get just the right angle. Hope that helps...

2018 FR3 30DS
jimlitwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:34 AM   #4

I liked the ones I got because I have the tire trackers on. The added weight plus the centrifugal force of the tire spin made this "IMHO" more stable.

DavidMPDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMPDK View Post
DL1FC Chrome Duallyvalve Kit
This is what I got for mine and love it. Buy extra rubber seals for the future. For some reason, they don"t have this type on the roadside service tiretruck that you call to fix a flat and it turns out to be a valve stem seal. So Now I carry them. Safe Travels
Ditto... I used these on my Forester... excellent. You can get the chrome or the brass which can be more easily bent slightly as need to reach out thru the outer wheel and dicor type insert
2018 Vanleigh Vilano 375FL
www.Wind-seeker.com/vilano
jbrosecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:37 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlitwin View Post
This is slightly related but may be of interest. I had no problem with the braided valve extensions for the inside tires but could not for the life of me get a tire gauge or air hose into the opening for the outer tire. It's a real knuckle buster in that small opening! I ordered some right angle valve extenders but those did not fit in the opening so returned them. Finally, a tech at a tire store suggested I get "gator" valve caps that allow you to check the tire pressure and fill them without needing to remove the valve covers. For some reason, this little change gives me just enough room to fill and check the pressure. Still very tight but possible if you get just the right angle. Hope that helps...

2018 FR3 30DS
I had similar problem with outer tire went with a 125° valve works like a champ. I have a fr3 29ds 2017. I bought online https://www.makariosrv.com/dicor-val...valve-ag-125c/
railrunner418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:10 PM   #7

My son had his six done at a truck tire establishment when he bought it used. The braided were slow leaking. He also got those valve stems you can inflate without removing the caps. Much easier.
strato is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, tire, valve