Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2017, 10:20 AM   #21
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
You know a quick fix may be to ask one of your camp neighbors who has TV to lend a hand
Yeah that works as well, but just logically eliminating each thing that can create and issue will also work.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:59 AM   #22

Hmmm I'm not a complete moron .. I did check with the neighbors they have TV and as an added amusement to you I turned the TV on.... sometimes I wonder how I got through life
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Yeah that works as well, but just logically eliminating each thing that can create and issue will also work.

Not to mention it was late at night ..
Old 03-26-2017, 12:09 PM   #24

I was not implying you were just sometimes fresh eyes solve the problem, you know the old saying can't see the forest for the trees. Be sure to let us know when you fix the problem so we can all learn from your experience.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 12:41 PM   #25

With some cable systems I can get cable on the main tv but not the kitchen or bed room. Found that when it is taking a really long time to load channels on the main tv that I probably won't get any on the other sets.

CruiserJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 03:37 PM   #26

I have an Fre 32DS and the booster is not behind my TV either. Check in the overhead compartments in the living area. My booster on / off switch (has green light if it is on) is in the overhead compartments next to the refridgerator. You have one in the RV, you just need to find it. It looks like a coax wallplate with a coax connection and a little black button you can push.

When the green light is on, you are in air mode. When it is off you are in cable mode.

Might look like this
http://img0124.popscreencdn.com/1825...-8-amp-max.jpg
linchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 05:02 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourful64 View Post
Not to mention it was late at night ..
That picture you posted shows tv input. What you need is from Main menu.It will give you a choice for cable or ant. Then you can do your scan. First though, the switch for where to change rv from ant./cable has to be found and changed.
Old 03-26-2017, 07:02 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
That picture you posted shows tv input. What you need is from Main menu.It will give you a choice for cable or ant. Then you can do your scan. First though, the switch for where to change rv from ant./cable has to be found and changed.
Yes that is correct I should have added that - figured they just knew it since they showed pictures of it a few posts ago.

But they do need to turn the signal amplifier on or off depending on there needs. The TV settings will mean nothing until they find the signal amplifier.

That switch that I showed a picture of needs to be turned on (for air) or off (for cable). Then depending on cable or air, set your tv mode and auto scan the channels.
Old 03-26-2017, 08:23 PM   #29

Booster Switch

I have a 2017 30DS and my booster switch is in the cabinet behind the main TV on the left wall in the front corner and is hard to see. Should have a small push button switch with LED power light.

FR3Traveler
2017 FR3 30DS
CC Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 02:15 AM   #30

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7256.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	449.3 KB
ID:	132994. And there it is after searching through th cupboards it is on the outside of the cupboard. Lol and there's no cable going into it lol is that ok too
Old 03-27-2017, 02:57 AM   #31

Darn it it is still not working
Old 03-27-2017, 02:06 PM   #32

Normally there is a coaxial cable to connect to the main TV. Due to it's location and assuming your TV worked before, this may be for a Satellite connection. Follow the main TV coaxial cable and see where it connects.
CC Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 10:52 AM   #33

Have a really dumb question / suggestion. Have you tried, getting a long piece of COAX and connecting directly to your TV from the jack outside, forget all the inside connections, make a direct connection to the shore feed at your campsite to your TV.

Is it possible the cable service is just not working?
Maybe the cable wire you are using is bad or gone bad.

Time to reverse engineer this problem and limit out the lowest common denominator. Time to verify two things, you cable wire is actually good, and the connection outside (meaning at the electrical box or wherever you hook up to) is good and actually producing a signal.

If the above works, it could be possible something wrong with your splitter or the wire in your wet box (where you connect cable from the shore to your RV) is bad.

You really only have a few points of failure.

1. Shore Cable Box / Connection not producing a signal.
2. Cable from shore to your RV cable connection is bad.
3. RV Cable connection Jack (on the outside of your rv) and or the line leading the the spliiter is bad.
4. Your splitter is bad.

My money is on number 1 or 2.
Old 04-10-2017, 04:40 AM   #34

Yip it was dumb . We needed a digital box and didn't know it...