Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-10-2022, 06:42 PM   #1

USED RV Brokers?? Good, bad?

Selling my RV. In posting my ads, I have had solicitations from buyers who are pulling number from "3 sources: Kelly Blue Book, NADA ....." can't remember the other one. Has anyone used these to sell an RV before. The one I spoke to was National Vehicle Service Agreement. They charge $599 to serve as somewhat of a "real estate agent" to find a buyer for my rig at a set price. Guess I'm a newbie to that too, but I trust my forum resources. Any advice out there?
2018 FR3 29DS
Thankful, Grateful & Blessed
GeauxMimiGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:02 PM   #2

List it on RV trader and sell it yourself...
rowdy boys 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 09:11 PM   #3

The brokers want to sell it for maximum $ profit. It may slow down the sale of your rv. If you are not in a hurry to sell it, give it a try. I believe you set the price you will accept then the broker advertises it for a price that includes their profit margin.
Retired BTC USN
Chesapeake, Virginia
charles l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:48 AM   #4

FB Marketplace, RV Trader. prob best to use. << Just make sure money is green. There are depending on where your at. dealerships looking to buy units.
I would skip the broker. If u take in consideration broker fee, ect... prob be same price a dealership would give u.
wildmanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 07:04 AM   #5

I think it depends on the price.
I bought my used 2017 Class A from a dealer because I wanted the support from a quality local dealer on a $100k+ purchase.

However, my used 2008 toy hauler was a $10k sale. I listed it on FB and sold it in 3 days.
Dan_Frisbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 03:58 PM   #6

Thruthfully , it depends on how fast you want to get rid of it. Of course you're not going to get what you coud by srlling privately.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:05 PM   #7

RVTradeer

I also used RV Trader. I sold my trailer in just over a week to the first person that came to look at it.
2008 Rockwood Freedom 1640LTD
2016 Ram 2500 Tradesman CTD
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 04:09 PM   #8
Trailer Trash

I bought mine from a broker of sorts. Most of them have a nation wide network of contacts, each with buyers of their own looking for inventory. I would gladly pay that amount if I could get a reasonable price. I'm not a fan of dealing with low ballers, shady folks and flakes when selling anything. Just my humble opinion...
Old 01-11-2022, 04:34 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxMimiGo View Post
Any advice out there?
Motorhomes are still in high demand. If you check around local dealerships, you'll see a lot of 5th wheels and TTs on their lots, and few MHs.

I went onto RVTRADER and searched for your model and this is what I found:
Year - # Available
2017 - 6
2018 - 3
2019 - 1

It looks like it is still a seller's market. Set your price competitively and the sale will happen quickly, for a higher profit than using a broker. So, I would try to sell it myself and only use a broker as a last resort.

Best of luck!
2011 Honda CRV toad
RVwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 05:03 PM   #10

Think of it this way. Dealers sell with stats, descriptions and pictures. As the owner, you become the dealer. Bad pictures and short description show little interest in selling and the seller having little interest to look. When we have a showing, we have the information to hand out. We have consistently found that the prospective buyer shows up with the complete printed ad and can quote it. We offer them the opportunity to look over the unit, look in the cubbies, etc. We do not give the tour-we do not follow them. They are advised that we will be available to answer any questions. People like the freedom to look and discuss with their partners. If they are interested and they have question, we will be happy to answer.

Having sold multiple high ticket items by owner, Craigslist.org had been the most successful. Most of those have been sold in a week or two. The key is cleanliness, very thorough description, and all the pictures the site offers. The pictures are in sink with the walk-through description. The lead picture is at a different angle that the typical front 3/4 view. Finally, make the prospective buyer feel like it is theirs. Our ad descriptions have been as long as 3 pages. We have priced high and found buyers to pay full or near the asking price. We have not experience many low ballers. When we do, we politely tell them, thank you for the offer, but we have done the research and know the value.

At times, the low ballers have regretted walking away to think about it. Having the experience, we know that the next individual will pay the piper. In one instance, we had a couple that low balled and walked. The following day, another individual drove across the state, looked at the offering and made the deal paying a cash deposit-all hundreds. While writing the deposit receipt, the low baller called back. Sorry, we have a buyer and writing the receipt. Can we offer you more was the question? No, we do not go back on our word. When the buyer returned with the balance of cash, we asked that they accompany us to the bank to have it counted. No doubt about funny money when it goes through the counter. They got the keys and a paid in full receipt. Even though the unit was flawless, the receipt stipulated "sold as-is, no warranty".
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote