Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-04-2021, 03:58 PM   #1

V8 Suspension mods

Had these done and I am pleased with the results. Hard to tell if the Koni shocks made that much of a difference but they were recommended. These are the correct parts for the new FR3 30DS / Ford F-53 V8 chassis.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	supersteer2.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	260357   Click image for larger version

Name:	etrailersumo.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	260358  
jbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 09:01 PM   #2
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbender View Post
Had these done and I am pleased with the results. Hard to tell if the Koni shocks made that much of a difference but they were recommended. These are the correct parts for the new FR3 30DS / Ford F-53 V8 chassis.

What issues were you experiencing? You may be the first person I've read of who did changes to the V8 chassis.

On our V10 the FSD shocks made a dramatic improvement on rough roads and bridge joints. After having them installed the motorhome no longer feels or sounds like it's coming apart.

Ray
Old 08-09-2021, 01:43 PM   #3

It was a bit wandering and the steering concerned me. All chassis can be improved upon and the crosswind effect was of concern as well.
jbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 02:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbender View Post
It was a bit wandering and the steering concerned me. All chassis can be improved upon and the crosswind effect was of concern as well.
Since you added these, what have you noticed in contrast to before? So far, I've added a steering stabilizer and the front sumosprings as they were DIY projects. I'm still debating whether or not to do the rear sumosprings.

I've noticed slightly less wandering, definitely less impact from uneven lane wear, and bumps at high speed are now a bit softer.

Cliff
2011 Honda CRV toad
RVwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 04:42 PM   #5

I added front SumoSprings. Noticeable difference in control and a little bit with the ride quality.

Tags
mods, suspension