Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2021, 04:05 AM   #1

Washer dryer install

Can I have a washer and dryer installed in my 2017 FR3 30ds ?
Larryjulie79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 09:31 AM   #2
Always Learning

No reason that you can't. It says that it has a washer/dryer prep in the front part of the closet in the bedroom at the back of the RV.

It'll either be an RV combo or stackable unit, depending on how much height there is available.

Whatever you get, get a VENTED unit. Most complaints come from the non-vented ones.

Here's an article about washers & dryers in RVs with information about which is better for you (stackable or combo), vented or not, and installation details.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryjulie79 View Post
Can I have a washer and dryer installed in my 2017 FR3 30ds ?
The 2017 FR3s were not setup for washer/dryer.

FR3 2016 brochure v08-15.pdf

FR3 2017 Brochure v11-2016.pdf
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:48 PM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
The 2017 FR3s were not setup for washer/dryer.

Attachment 252611

Attachment 252612
Thanks for that. Since they don’t have factory hookups then you need to build them. I haven't done it, but I have re-plumbed my existing hookups and I'm convinced it isn't a very difficult task. You need a drain and then hot and cold water lines.

Hot and cold water which is easy- just tap into the lines running to the bathroom sink. Cut it, install a "T" with Sharkbite fittings, and then run water to where you need it.

Then you need a 1 1/2” drain. Drop down into the area below the bathroom, add a p-trap. Now you need to decide if you’re going to share the existing sewer outlet or if you’ll add a new one. Reusing the existing one means cutting off what’s there so that you can run a pipe into it. Adding a new one means you need to step up to a standard 3” sewer connection.

As well, you need a vent. There are standard vent kits. It's cutting that 4" hole that makes people get panicky.

The worst part may be that you need a 20amp outlet to plug into. Running the Romex/electric from the electric panel may be difficult depending on where it is and how accessible the storage areas underneath are.

It sounds like a lot of work but it’s really not terrible. I replumbed my combo washer/dryer in our fifth wheel/toy hauler garage because it was going to a black tank. I added a diverter valve so I can either dump it straight to the sewer or to the existing black tank.