Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2016, 10:43 AM   #1

Water coming in through A/C vent with only fan running

The other day there was light to moderate rain without too much wind. I had the fan running on high but not the A/C. I woke up to rain running in through the louvers on the A/C unit itself. I shut off the fan and the leaking stopped.

I presume there's some kind of inlet flap that opens when running in fan mode? Anybody else see this kind of problem?
boozedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 11:10 AM   #2

imo.

I think that you have some debris (leaves, etc) that is holding water in a 'pool' and not allowing the water to run off. Get on the roof of your unit and take the AC cover shroud off and remove/hose any stuff that is on/around the AC unit away. ie. clean it up. From the inside, look and see if you have a filter that is clogged up and not 'breathing'. this may pull moisture/water inside and not 'outside' to drain off. The AC unit produces water and you should see it draining from the unit on the roof and flow into one of the gutter channels.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:27 PM   #3

water coming in through a/c vents even when not running

I have a 2017 fr3 32ds. Both A/C vents during heavy rain leak, dripping where you pull the air filter in and out. They leak when sitting, when driving, whether on or off. At first I thought maybe something was wrong with one of the two units because it seemed it was just the living room unit, but sure enough they both do it during heavy rain. It is minor drips for the most part, yet does not seem normal. Anyone else experiencing this problem, or have suggestions? Thank you in advance.
cnower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #4

We upgraded ours to the Atwood 18k and it leaked a little also. I pulled the lower cover and found a few spots to seal up. One was under the blower motor where there are pre drilled holes for the baffle if you don't have ducts. I used caulk to fill those holes. I also found gaps where the wiring goes outside to the compressor and fan. I used spray foam to fill that. No leaks since. Love the A/C heat pump upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Nanab is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, vent, water