Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2019, 11:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamper View Post
Water Heater Update: The repair guy said it was the circuit board. $400 parts and labor. Warranty (ive had the coach under a year) only paid half of it. Something about a "deductible". That sounds like BS. Anyway, has anyone here had the same problem and replaced the board themselves? Difficulty? Time to Youtube.
Surburban ? circuit boards on amazon about $82 install about 20 mins . so a charge over an hr is a rip off and any up charge of part over 120 is a rip off . 400 is way to much for such a simple repair
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 11:59 AM   #22

It was a private repair facility w/I walking distance of the house. With Mike Thompson you get a day 3 weeks in the future just to bring it in and drop off then God knows how long to repair.

Now that I know those things can wiggle loose or short out and its an easy fix, unless Im doing it, I will avoid the sketchy repair yards in the future.
Clamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:06 PM   #23
Site Team

Even if it is a private facility, they may be an authorized Suburban repair facility and probably submitted it for warranty as well. The WH warranty is from Suburban not FR.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Even if it is a private facility, they may be an authorized Suburban repair facility and probably submitted it for warranty as well. The WH warranty is from Suburban not FR.
Suburban will send the board for free and give a 1/2 labor . so if they claimed it through surburban then he really got ripped off
Old 03-02-2019, 02:35 PM   #25

Repair guy said he called the warranty people(thru dealer) and that what they agreed to pay.
It will be a year at the end of April and so far nothing really big. I do have the road hazard warranty for tires. Its a must have!
Old 03-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #26
Site Team

I f you do not have your manual for the WH, get your model # and go online to get it. The WH is warranted by Suburban.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 02:06 PM   #27

Yup, warranty people say I have a $200 deductible per incident. Its worth it to get the WH running. Hot Showers!
On a side note. The circuit board has three clip on wires and the whole thing is laying loose on the top of the heater.
I was thinking about a piece of duct tape to keep it was bouncing around.
Any thoughts? No real spot to attach it.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:02 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamper View Post
Yup, warranty people say I have a $200 deductible per incident. Its worth it to get the WH running. Hot Showers!
On a side note. The circuit board has three clip on wires and the whole thing is laying loose on the top of the heater.
I was thinking about a piece of duct tape to keep it was bouncing around.
Any thoughts? No real spot to attach it.
you can duct tape it as many come form factory that way or screw it into a close by wood frame by the heater . the cover will have a screw hole just for that
Old 04-30-2019, 10:06 PM   #29

What year is your Motorhome ?
Rodne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heater, water, water heater