Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-26-2018, 07:31 PM   #1

Water Leak

Anyone have there seal around there slidout leak.Just went to check my 30ds in storage and found a trail of water from what looks like coming from around the slid.Tried pulling the slid in a bit more....we will see what happens in the next few days...man I hate water leaks!
lazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 10:27 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazbo View Post
Anyone have there seal around there slidout leak.Just went to check my 30ds in storage and found a trail of water from what looks like coming from around the slid.Tried pulling the slid in a bit more....we will see what happens in the next few days...man I hate water leaks!
I am having the same issue. I found the front slide when in will collect water at the front outside corner. The area just behind the drivers seat. When I would drive the unit, the water would roll down the corner of the slide and trail across the floor. I haven't found where the water is getting inside yet. I take a towel and make sure the top is dry before I drive away if there has been a recent rain.
ehwhitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:00 PM   #3

We had one on our 32ds. It seems to have been the rubber seal up top came off the track. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4380.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	203.5 KB
ID:	192229
Iwouldwalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwouldwalk View Post
We had one on our 32ds. It seems to have been the rubber seal up top came off the track. Attachment 192229

This is on top of the slide inside?
Old 11-27-2018, 08:55 PM   #5

We had a leak on top of our living room slide caused by the small gutter on the roof. The gutter is two pieces and where they joined the caulk had pulled away and allowed water to leak onto the slide. Check that seam where the two pieces join.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazbo View Post
This is on top of the slide inside?

Yes this is the top of the slide. I climbed on our back ladder to take the picture. Two screws hold it in place. I pulled it off cleaned it up and slid it back on the track.
Old 11-28-2018, 03:09 AM   #7

Thank you I will check it out!
Old 12-02-2018, 02:30 AM   #8

I sealed the small gutter crack and also found moulding on the outside right hand side pulled away...replaced one screw that had broken and holding the moulding strip on and then put a washer on one of the screws to prevent the gasket from pulling through.No leaks so far and it was a raining heavy here the last few days.Thanks guys for the input
Old 12-02-2018, 09:33 AM   #9

Glad that is working. Leaks are a pain.
yensidcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 12:28 PM   #10

I’m glad all is well. The dealership I took mine to is who pulled my mounding off. Drove me nuts. Enjoy camping.

Tags
leak, water, water leak