Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2021, 02:32 PM   #1

Where to buy body triming parts

I'm trying to buy trim parts from forest river company.
But I read on this form somewhere that there should be a build sheet that will list all components on a motorhome. I am trying to find out what trim pieces are on a 2018 fr3 30ds.
Specifically I need the bottom extruded aluminum piece skirt and the rear corner bead that holds the back and the side panels. The corner bead is the piece that has that vinyl trim to hide the screws approximately 104 in Long and I can't find anything on the internet that long. The skirt is the one that's rounded kind of has a flat on it it's at the very bottom of the side panels. Again I can't find anything with the rounded and that little flat so I may have to buy that from Forest River.
I bought this unit used and I don't have any build sheet from what they gave me. If anyone has a build sheet and can maybe look up those pieces I will try to secure those online Save Me probably some money.
Any help would be really appreciated, thanks.
Dburr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 04:55 PM   #2

But I read on this form somewhere that there should be a build sheet that will list all components on a motorhome

Not that I heard of or for at least 2018 and newer FR3, It might exist, but I've always had to call FR Customer Service with your VIN and then they will order a part but probably have to go through a dealer
2019 57:2020 20:2021 30:2022 46:2023 47:2024 7
robo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 05:07 PM   #3

You may or may not be able to get trim parts for a 2018 from Forest River. Another possible source is a RV salvage yard.

Pictures of what you are looking for may help.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:13 AM   #4

Robo44 is correct. Call (or email) FR with your Vin and they will provide you with a part #, then you'll have to go to a dealer, to have them order for you. I just went thru this procedure to get a fender skirt for my 2014 FR3. You'll also have to pay for the shipping.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:37 AM   #5

Look on amazon under RV Trim molding. I bought the vinyl insert as well as the aluminum that holds the trim from them. Not sure if you can get 104 inch long piece. at least you can find the manufacturer and maybe contact them for the longer piece.
rgt3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:47 PM   #6

Length is the problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgt3000 View Post
Look on amazon under RV Trim molding. I bought the vinyl insert as well as the aluminum that holds the trim from them. Not sure if you can get 104 inch long piece. at least you can find the manufacturer and maybe contact them for the longer piece.
Length is the problem. It's really hard to get people to ship stuff longer than about 6 feet (72 in.) I was looking at rain gutter molding--the kind that accepts the vinyl insert, has a rain gutter, and also has the channel to insert the top edge of the awning.

If you look at our 38' trailer, you could tell from where the joints are that the factory gets it in about 20' lengths. But when I tried to find it, the only source I could find was 8' lengths on eBay and even the shipping on those was expensive.

Shipping a long (although slim and lightweight) item like this means a trucker to your door and that ain't cheap. Plus you have to be home to sign for it.

If you're lucky, you might be able to find the manufacturer or a distributor near to you that would let you pick one up. Or you might be able to find a piece at an RV salvage yard near you.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 01:51 PM   #7

Try searching "RV trim Rub rail" RV edge Trim", "RV Edge molding"
Doing the search, I found eBay, Amazon, eTrailer, and other sites. You can start with the below. I noted lengths over 92"

https://www.bing.com/search?q=rv+alu...FORM=QBRE&sp=1
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 04:12 PM   #8

Thanks for all your help.
These are what I needed.
The bottom j channel is $465 a foot and the corner molding is $399 a foot.
The j channel I need is 4' 3", so I need 5 feet. The corner is just shy of 9'.
This will cost $6300 and I still have to paint it and cut to fit.

I did find 8' corner pieces for like $20 on ebay. But the j channel I can't find the exact match. I could probably retrim the whole outside in a different channel for cheaper.

I just don't understand how they got those prices.

I bent the 2 up a bit so I may just try to fix them myself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210909-112316_Photos.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	262564  
Old 09-09-2021, 05:38 PM   #9

Where to buy body triming parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dburr View Post
These are what I needed.

I did find 8' corner pieces for like $20 on ebay. But the j channel I can't find the exact match. I could probably retrim the whole outside in a different channel for cheaper.

I have a contact for you, you can get parts through them and they get them front FR so they are exact match parts, they will just need your VIN. if you can’t find what you need on their online store there’s a link for they’re email. Tell them what you want. It takes a few days to week for a response sometimes but worth it. I just ordered some J-wrap for my 2015 Heritage Glenn and they got it perfectly matched. And it was $12.00/foot. The killer was the shipping but still way cheaper than what you’re looking at.. below is a link.

https://elkrv.com/
Good luck and message me if you need anything more.
dsjohns71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:41 PM   #10

Quote:
These are what I needed.

These don't appear to be badly damaged. You can use blocks of wood and a hammer on a solid flat surface and to form them. Aluminum is soft and pretty easy to work with.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:31 AM   #11

Dburr, I ordered an 8 ft. piece of shower trim for my 2014 not too long ago (thru the dealer) from forest river and they shipped the 8 ft. to the dealer. Hope that helps
Old 09-10-2021, 08:02 AM   #12

That's a picture before the mishap.

On a better note: I contacted FR again with the quote and they think they didn't use a decimal point. $4.65, $3.99 they should be. So now I'm at $63, much better.

dsjohns71:
I will try that contact, thanks!
Old 11-02-2021, 11:18 AM   #13

Quote:
That's a picture before the mishap.

On a better note: I contacted FR again with the quote and they think they didn't use a decimal point. $4.65, $3.99 they should be. So now I'm at $63, much better.

dsjohns71:
I will try that contact, thanks!
lmao
Htownrv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts