Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-26-2021, 01:09 PM   #1

Where to service fluids 2018 FR3 29DS

My husband and I are still new to all the RV stuff. Still not much use on our rig, but we know it will be time soon to service our 2018 FR3, fluids, etc. I've read through the forum and I'm convinced having someone else do that is the smart and less stressful approach; but where? I've seen Wal-Mart pros and cons on that. I was thinking about seeing if a place that services 18-wheelers could do it. Don't want to pay a fortune or make things more complicated than they have to be. I simply don't know. Probably another dumb newbie question, but we'll need to figure it out soon, so I thought I would ask the experts.
2018 FR3 29DS
Thankful, Grateful & Blessed
GeauxMimiGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 01:40 PM   #2

I don’t know about being an expert. But this is my thinking…

The motorhome is built on a Ford chassis. So, if there is a Ford Truck service center near you, give them a call to see if they have a lift that can handle motorhomes.

In my area, the big-rig diesel shops have a pretty high labor rate and they are one-level removed from getting Ford parts. Your area may be different.

Do you have a local motorhome dealer near you? If so, ask them for recommendations.

Google can be a big help finding something close to home and for seeing customer reviews.
2011 Honda CRV toad
RVwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 06:44 PM   #3

Near my home is a city of 100,000 population. The Ford dealer there sells the usual personal use Ford vehicles, but also commercial vehicles. Their shop has big doors, and I see class A and class C motorhomes in their service lot. Maybe you can find a Ford dealer near you that services commercial trucks, and that could do service on your FR3 chassis.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxMimiGo View Post
My husband and I are still new to all the RV stuff. Still not much use on our rig, but we know it will be time soon to service our 2018 FR3, fluids, etc. I've read through the forum and I'm convinced having someone else do that is the smart and less stressful approach; but where? I've seen Wal-Mart pros and cons on that. I was thinking about seeing if a place that services 18-wheelers could do it. Don't want to pay a fortune or make things more complicated than they have to be. I simply don't know. Probably another dumb newbie question, but we'll need to figure it out soon, so I thought I would ask the experts.

Where are you located? Prior to my retirement this year I was engaged in the commercial truck manufacturing industry. I may be able to recommend a Ford dealer for you.
Old 12-26-2021, 08:23 PM   #5
Dahagen

I have an F-53 chassis with a gasoline engine, the V10. I use a typical oil change shop that has a pit for all engine service. Just make sure you can fit in their door. Their computer tells them exactly what needs to be done on the V10. For regular service you don't need a Ford dealer or a commercial truck place. Mine is a 29DSSE which is a class A at 32-feet long.
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2021, 08:37 PM   #6

https://fordcommercialvehiclecenter.com/

Find one near you that services F53 chassis and can accommodate your height. Note that you need to look for Ford COMMERCIAL truck service as most that say truck service mean pickup trucks & transit type vans.
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 09:30 AM   #7

There are local dealers that service the brand chassis they sell . When I had a class C with a Chevy 4500 chassis I took it to a local de3aler for service and warranty work, and now that I have a Ford diesel I take it to a local Ford dealer. I find it not more expenssive and they are able to check for recalls and updates
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 09:50 AM   #8

I go to a local RV service shop, they also service school buses and other large type vehicles. They are very reasonable and do good work, however I live in Michigan, but I would assume that these type of shops are nationwide. You could look online and find where the closest one is to you.
wwilson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3, service