Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2021, 08:13 AM   #1

Which to buy DS30 or DS33

Looking at buying a 2022 FR3 30DS or 33DS. Leaning towards the 33DS as has a little more room and larger TV. Have a few questions that would appreciate any insight/options on.

Is there much difference driving either one as the DS33 has a longer wheel base. Is the 33DS smoother on highway? How noticeable is the difference in turning radius? Being overall length on both is between 30-35 do they have same limitations on which state and national parks they can get into?

Any other comments would be appreciated. So looking forward to becoming a member of FR3 family. Thanks.

Art
azloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:03 PM   #2

As a single guy, 33DS is my only choice. No bunk beds for me - they only invite. As an older guy, appreciate having a washer/dryer factory installed. Wish us both luck in purchasing process. Upgrading from 2016 Sunseeker 2500TSF.
FRSmithSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 08:33 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by azloon View Post
Is there much difference driving either one as the DS33 has a longer wheel base. Is the 33DS smoother on highway? How noticeable is the difference in turning radius? Being overall length on both is between 30-35 do they have same limitations on which state and national parks they can get into?
Given their limited availability, you may not find many people who have driven both. My suggestion is to pick the floorplan you want. Because while *you* can adapt to driving any size rig, you can’t adapt the floorplan once you own it.

My experience with other motorhomes is that reducing the length by 3’ won’t have much (if any) impact as you drive down the road. The shorter coach will be slightly easier to back into tighter spaces, but that’s not a big deal for me.

I have the 34 and could have easily gone with the 33 if it was available at the time. The 30 has a couple of drawbacks (TV location is a neck-stretcher, kitchen storage is insufficient if you really like to cook) for me. But those may not be drawbacks for you.

I hope you have a successful search!
2011 Honda CRV toad
RVwino is offline   Reply With Quote