Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2015, 05:07 PM   #1

Winegard Pathway X2

Just purchased a Winegard Pathway X2 and had no problems setting it up and getting it to work at home. However, I really don't want to have to run the cable from the satellite dish to the receiver through the windows when we are camping. Does anyone have a similar system? If so, how did you solve this problem? Where did you run the cable? Thanks!!!

Flagstaff E-Pro E19FBS

David and Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 01:01 AM   #2
Sev

Winegard Pathway X2

I purchased a flat 6" piece of cable and ran through the back window. If you place it correctly you can continue to lock the back window.
Search for "flat coax"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015, 11:38 PM   #3

Winegard Pathway X2

I have a in motion Wineguard mounted dish on the roof that works great for dish premiums but the internal dish is so small it rarely picks up the national affiliates due to low position of the locals dish sat position in the east.

I also had a Wineguard carry out portable from my previous travel trailer that I use in the FR3 to get nationals. This also helps me get coverage when I'm parked at a site that almost inevitably has some sort of overhand obstruction to the southern sky. Side note: for those considering installing a dome on the roof, about 70% of the time I can't see the sats at my site. I would have rather had the dish traveller foldable wider dish over the dome. But that's another story.

To feed to the tailgater carry out, While running cables for my inverter from the battery compartment up to the pantry I ran an extra coax cable up the channel (triangular cable channel on the inside left side of the pantry) up to the radio wire center. And from there out to the dish receiver that hangs under the TV cabinet.

The coax pigtail outside hangs in the battery compartment next to the light I use a female to female coax adapter on the end and cover that with a plastic bag and twist tie. Easily accessed with the battery compartment open, because that compartment is open on the bottom to outside the cable can run out to the dish.

2014 FR330 DS
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by David and Cindy View Post
Just purchased a Winegard Pathway X2 and had no problems setting it up and getting it to work at home. However, I really don't want to have to run the cable from the satellite dish to the receiver through the windows when we are camping. Does anyone have a similar system? If so, how did you solve this problem? Where did you run the cable? Thanks!!!
I'm I missing something here. Are you saying that there is no external cable connection? We are shopping for a FR3 now. My current FR TT has two external cable connection port that I simply plug my Pathway into.

(Looking at the Georgetown 329DS)
Nights camped in 2011/16; 2012/15; 2013/48;
2014/10; 2015/101 2016/55 yr to date
pkenley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 05:29 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sev View Post
I purchased a flat 6" piece of cable and ran through the back window. If you place it correctly you can continue to lock the back window.
Search for "flat coax"
That's what I did. Worked fine.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkenley View Post
I'm I missing something here. Are you saying that there is no external cable connection? We are shopping for a FR3 now. My current FR TT has two external cable connection port that I simply plug my Pathway into.
Our FR3 does have one external cable connection port. With our Winegard, however, the coaxial cable cannot run through any other device or switches before the satellite receiver. For the kitchen TV, we're just using a flat coaxial cable through the kitchen window, as suggested in another post.

Clarification: We have two Dish receivers for two interior TVs so different shows can be watched at the same time. Cabling for the bedroom TV was not an issue.

Flagstaff E-Pro E19FBS

David and Cindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winegard