Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #1

Wiper Sprayer not working

I'm hoping one of you guys has my answer! We are traveling across to California from Florida, and in Texas my windshield wiper sprayer stopped working.....My dealer is back in Venice Florida, and I will hate to have to take this to any unknown place. Does anyone know if this is something that happens typically, and how to fix it? I looked for a similar topic, but could not find any. Also, anyone knows a good place to fix a ROADMASTER Invisibrake connection? Thanks

N Real
DaRealDeal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:34 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRealDeal77 View Post
I'm hoping one of you guys has my answer! We are traveling across to California from Florida, and in Texas my windshield wiper sprayer stopped working.....My dealer is back in Venice Florida, and I will hate to have to take this to any unknown place. Does anyone know if this is something that happens typically, and how to fix it? I looked for a similar topic, but could not find any. Also, anyone knows a good place to fix a ROADMASTER Invisibrake connection? Thanks

N Real

I use invisibrake for tow behind my FR3. What is it doing or not doing?
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:17 PM   #3

Hi leisure Larry,
The INVISABRAKE is not working when I hook the unbiblical to the RV. I took the jeep to the guy who installed the brake, and he show me it was working. He told me he thinks is a fuse that powers the 12v from the RV, i checked all the fuses in the front, and under the steering column, and they all show good. I'm driving without the brake, and I hate it!
DaRealDeal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Hi leisure Larry,
The INVISABRAKE is not working when I hook the unbiblical to the RV. I took the jeep to the guy who installed the brake, and he show me it was working. He told me he thinks is a fuse that powers the 12v from the RV, i checked all the fuses in the front, and under the steering column, and they all show good. I'm driving without the brake, and I hate it!

Had my system now 3 years. 1st problem I had was it was not grounded properly. Kept blowing a fuse. Also must have coach headlights turned on for brake/turn lights to work on tow. Also had problem with plug not making good electrical contact due to weathering. Used WD40 on all the electrical connections and have never had a problem since.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:51 PM   #5

had my wiper sprayers clog on my jeep. used a stick pin to "poke" it and cleared the obstruction. if you are getting the "buzz" of the pump activating, could be a clot in the spray nozzle...if no buzz, electrical, fuse, or bad connection.
bamagrad1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:44 PM   #6
Curiouser and Curiouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagrad1992 View Post
had my wiper sprayers clog on my jeep. used a stick pin to "poke" it and cleared the obstruction. if you are getting the "buzz" of the pump activating, could be a clot in the spray nozzle...if no buzz, electrical, fuse, or bad connection.
This is likely way too basic for you, but when that happened to me it was just that the plastic tubing had come loose from the top of the windshield water reservoir behind the front grill. I apologize if your teeth are clenched at this time while your lips are saying, "Well of course I checked that, you...!"
Old 03-19-2017, 07:34 AM   #7

If your handy then windshield wipers are not to hard to fix.

Since the wipers are working, half the battle is won

5 problems exist

1. Hose disconnected from pump or from the sprayers. Diagnose with someone standing in front or looking for liquid on ground after spraying

2. Fuse. Not uncommon for the fuse on this to blow out.

3. Your out of fluid

4. Pump is blown. Easy fix, usually you can get these at any auto dealer. You would have to remove the pump and bring in. The. Pump should be next to fluid resovor.

5. Fluid line blocked. Verify by disconnecting hose from pump, if it sprays t is a clogged line

At most if anyone charges you $75 to fix your being ripped off. If pump is bad, pump are about $30
linchat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Hi leisure Larry,
I ve had same issue with invisabreak. You have 2 "wires" one is the big curly umbilical cord and the other is a thin black wire--correct????? In my case it was and is the female connectors for the thin black wire on the two vehicles The metal receiving piece is not solid it has a slit as though the metal sleeve was rolled into a cylinder shape to receive the male wire connector I ve used my fingers to pinch the metal "female cylinder" or lightly use pliers to pinch It then will have better connection I ve also used a teeny bit of electrical grease to help prevent the metal from corrosion. (Corrosion is not the right term to use)
twoclaws is offline   Reply With Quote