Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2018, 01:40 PM   #1

1st trip of the year coming up

Taking out our 26TH this weekend. Going to a place on the Gulf of Mexico near Perry, FL. Drop the rear deck to watch the sunset.
coachal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 09:49 AM   #2

How are you liking the 26 TH so far? Spent 2 weeks at Chassahowitzca(sp) this past Oct . Maybe we can meet up the next time we are in the area. Enjoy your trip.
cliffy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:34 PM   #3

If you get down this way, definitely would like to meet up. Chas is about 15 miles from my house.
Old 05-04-2018, 07:57 AM   #4

I see you have the 26TH. How do you like it and how does it pull behind your Ford ?
Been looking at the Trail Blazers, look like nice set up for the $$
JumpinJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:51 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
I see you have the 26TH. How do you like it and how does it pull behind your Ford ?

Not exactly sure who you are asking, but since I have a Ford I will tell you my experience.

The toy hauler pulls great with my 3.5 Eco. Probably averaged around 10-10.5 mpg on our trip to Fl. last year. I had to re-set my hitch when we got back and have not really had a chance to pull since then.

Since I don't know what you are going to be pulling with, my suggestion is to make absolutely certain that your wdh is set properly. You can have the dealer set it up when you purchase but just make sure to do the research and learn how to set it up yourself since more than likely you will have to re-set it.

Just ask if you have more questions. I am by no means an expert, but the people on the forum are always more than willing to help and you will get all your questions answered.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Get out and enjoy what ever you decide to purchase.
cliffy49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 01:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJack View Post
I have a 14 GMC Sierra 1500 and it tows well. I putt along at about 60 on the interstate and 55-60 on 4 lane, get about 10-11 mpg. I usually am about double that not towing.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:12 PM   #7

Towing with a 1/2 ton truck.

Using a Ram 2014 1500, Hemi 5.7L to tow mine. I like to drive fast but cannot tow it safe at 70mph. Haven't towed on steep hills but I know the truck would take a lot more throttle.

With all the weight I carry with toys and boondocks camping, (full to the max with fresh water, and many extras in the bed of the truck), the rear sags too much even with a WDH. Though my rear springs haven't bottomed out on the jounce bumper. The dry tongue weight is 1000 lbs, but I manage to about max my payload out. Yes, my toys and 6500 inverter generator are in the rear attempting to balance the load.

I'm on the bubble of needing a 3/4 ton truck, but will be fine in coastal GA and SC on flat roads.
rockinreel is offline   Reply With Quote