Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2019, 12:32 PM   #1

HELP with mold/warranty

My husband and I bought a brand new 2015 Coachman Catalina banner edition from the York Fair RV show in 2015 we had a couple problems with it and took it back under warranty they fix all the problems except for one where we told them we had water coming out of our belly pan they told us they could not duplicate the issue fast forward now too 2019 I now have no floor I have fungus AKA mold growing in my unit and when I called Forest River warranty department they told me to take it back to where we bought it so we did just to find out that they refuse to fix the problem that caused this back in 2015 any thoughts on what I can do to help us with this $40,000 paperweight I am sad that I cannot use my travel trailer I really loved it but now it's useless thanks any ideas would help appreciate it thank you God bless all
Newcomer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 12:53 PM   #2
Multi-Slacker

Welcome from SoCal! My only thought is that since you have spoken to the dealer and have been met with refusal, you still have options.

*) - Small Claims Court - if you have enough documentation to prove your case

*) - Consult a lawyer

*) - Talk to the media. Some newspapers and TV stations will get involved if other efforts have failed.

Good Luck!
Old 11-18-2019, 03:01 PM   #3
Site Team

That's an awfully big gap in time. Has water been leaking out of it the entire 4 (almost 5) years that you've owned it? Did you ever try taking it anywhere else for repairs?
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #4

Quote:
we had water coming out of our belly pan they told us they could not duplicate the issue fast forward now too 2019 I now have no floor I have fungus AKA mold growing in my unit and when I called Forest River warranty department they told me to take it back to where we bought it so we did just to find out that they refuse to fix the problem that caused this back in 2015 any thoughts on what I can do to help us with this $40,000 paperweight I am sad that I cannot use my travel trailer
Like was said above 2015 to 2019 is a big gap... have you not used the trailer in all of this time? OR not inspected the belly pan for further leaks?

Growing mold requires heat and moisture... You now say you have mold/fungus on the floor... indicating even more of a leak then just the belly pan.

Have you ever inspected or maintained the roof at least twice a year as the manufacturer suggests? A leaky roof will cause moisture in the interior of the unit probably causing mold/fungus to grow not only on the floor but other places in the interior.

You have probably neglected this trailer for far too long... no dealer or manufacturer is going to help you IF the trailer just sat in the weather for all of these years without any inspection or maintenance done to it.

Surely there is more to your story then your original post details...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 03:53 PM   #5
Site Team

This post here indicates that rot was discovered as far back as May of last year.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 04:41 PM   #6

Yes we did contact the dealer and they told us there was nothing that they could do because it was out of warranty we have used it up until June of 2019 I had to put plywood on my floor in my living room in order to walk
Newcomer24 is offline   Reply With Quote