Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2017, 11:24 PM   #1

Just bought a Blast 301!

Picking up out new 301 next week. Pretty stoked as usually our RVS are at least 10yrs old when we buy them. Going to add solar panels and inverter right away.

We really don't like the sink in the master bedroom though. I might move it to the back. Anyone else thought of doing this?
Clayh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:51 AM   #2
I go RV'ing not Camping

That's an awesome looking unit. Congrats on your new purchase.
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 01:16 AM   #3

Congrats and welcome to the forum.
Big1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 01:24 PM   #4

Picked up the new trailer last week! They caught a few minor issues on the PDI(broken cupboard latch and broken tailight screw). Hopefully that will be the extent of problems

While waiting for the weather to improve I switched out the single Grp26 battery to a pair of Grp31 from my old trailer. Also added a power disconnect switch as the trailer would drain the single battery in 4-5 days with nothing on.

Seems like a pretty high draw to me for what I assume would be just the CO/Smoke/Propane alarm. Fridge, lights and furnace were definitely off.

Once our old trailer sells we'll be looking at a solar panel/inverter system as we camp exclusively off grid and hate the sound of a genset.

Does anyone know where the tanks are located in relation to the axles? I have not installed the W/D hitch yet. Towed home great empty but then I put our Ranger in the back and went for a short drive and it was all over the place. I'm guessing all that weight behind the axle screwed up the hitch weight. I'm hoping that the extra batteries and filling the pass thru storage will help with that. However I wonder where that 90gal fresh tank is at....
Old 02-25-2017, 05:57 PM   #5

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats!
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 11:39 AM   #6

Took the unit out once so far. Was pretty disappointed with how it towed, lots of sway. This was with our Polaris Ranger in the cargo area. I was pulling it with a 3/4ton Dodge Diesel with airbags pumped to 65psi(so truck sits level) using a W/D hitch but no sway control. I'm going to try adding a sway control to it. Seem like the balance is out, not enough hitch weight. When I ran across the scales with it the rear axle was 100# heavier than the front axle(trailer) making me think its ass heavy with the Ranger in it. Even with the new batteries and bigger tanks up front and the W/D it was still squirrell.

Adding solar panels/inverter to this weekend. While on the roof I noticed that under the roof membrane there are a few screwheads that stick up. I accidentally knelled down right on one and actually put a tiny tear in the membrane. Fortunately I had the Diprol sealer out anyway so I just put a dab over it but I wonder if it will be an issue in the future.

Everything else worked great on the trip. I was cool out and snowed/rained and the furnace kept up no issue. I do need to add some extra outlets in the bedroom for charging phones(I use mine as an alarm clock). Also while the USB outlet next to the radio has two out lets it can only handle one phone at a time.

Oh, almost forgot! WTH is up the water pump. That is one noisy bugger! I checked at its not loose in its mounts or anything but man is it ever noisy when running and not much flow either, the stream coming out of the kitchen faucet or shower is pretty weak. I think it may have to get swapped out.