Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2021, 11:52 AM   #1

Water tank on Adrenaline 21LT

I got a call from my dealership to inform me that they had installed heat pads on another 21LT and found that there weren't enough support brackets for the tank. They advised I get it in for repair before using it. Of course the dealership is an 8 hour drive, and the closest service department for Forest River is booked until September.

Anyone else with an Adrenaline had issues with the water tanks?
Niskibum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:11 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niskibum View Post
I got a call from my dealership to inform me that they had installed heat pads on another 21LT and found that there weren't enough support brackets for the tank. They advised I get it in for repair before using it. Of course the dealership is an 8 hour drive, and the closest service department for Forest River is booked until September.

Anyone else with an Adrenaline had issues with the water tanks?
Are you aware that you can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV tech for warranty work? You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
And you don't have to use a FR dealer. I had warranty work done by a dealer that didn't carry any FR products.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 09:32 PM   #3

Thanks Bikendan, yes, I am aware about using other RV shops, but as you said, you need pre approval, and the coachmen rep has not returned my emails or calls, or the dealerships calls for over a week now. Even if I did get approval, since I didn't buy the trailer at the other shop, I get put at the back of the line, and the earliest time I can find locally is September.

Luckily my dealer has been very helpful, and will clear some time to fix it if I can bring it to them. They have already fixed several of them with this problem. I have been able to verify the problem with their help, and it turns out that my tank has already slid, and was hanging off the bracket in the rear. I was able to get it back into the right position, and will be doing the repair myself, with the help of a friend that is a welder.

This will be the last Forest River RV that I ever buy. I have been making repairs on my brand new camper for weeks now, and none of them should have left the factory. All were due to terrible craftsmanship during construction. I want to go camping, but am worried about the next big thing that will break.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:41 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niskibum View Post
This will be the last Forest River RV that I ever buy. I have been making repairs on my brand new camper for weeks now, and none of them should have left the factory. All were due to terrible craftsmanship during construction. I want to go camping, but am worried about the next big thing that will break.
Good luck. Personally I'm on various different RV forums and you'll have a hard time finding anything different from other RV manufacturers, including Airstream or Winnebago. This is an Industry-wide problem, not just FR.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 11:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Good luck. Personally I'm on various different RV forums and you'll have a hard time finding anything different from other RV manufacturers, including Airstream or Winnebago. This is an Industry-wide problem, not just FR.
I understand the whole industry is having an issue, but that is no excuse to let RVs leave the factory in the shape mine is in. It isn't just the bad construction, but the design of the trailer is at fault also. Things like putting the gutter drip spout directly over the top of the slide, and not putting any backers in the wall so that you can mount a slide topper, and the design of the FW tank mounting are not due to manpower issues from covid. They are a sign of a company that doesn't know what they are doing, even after having been in business for over 25 years.

If you search for water tank issues on these forums you will find these problems have been going on for years. Then go on the Outdoors RV forums and you will find no such issues. There is no excuse for not figuring out how to mount a tank after building RVs for that long.

I had one problem with my Outdoors RV when a water valve went bad. Not Outdoors RVs fault, parts go bad. But when I found that there were no service shops available for months they sent a truck to pick up the camper, fixed it at the factory, and delivered it back within 2 weeks, and installed a solar system for my trouble. Forest River won't even answer my emails.
Old 06-20-2021, 11:46 AM   #6

If you had good luck with ORV, why the shift to FR?
latner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 05:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by latner View Post
If you had good luck with ORV, why the shift to FR?
I bought a side by side and needed to get a toy hauler. Very limited selection for toy haulers in my area. I had to drive 8 hours to get this one. If it would have been local I could have gone through it and had the dealership fix everything before I took it home. If I could have found an ORV toy hauler that I could afford I would have bought it.
Old 06-28-2021, 01:30 PM   #8

Tank Fixed

I made a video detailing what the problem was and how I fixed it.

https://youtu.be/Nad8n2fUgj4

Tags
tank, water, water tank