Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2017, 04:58 PM   #1

2017 Evo T2700 Leak?

So, we purchased our T2700 back in June. After having it for a few months, we noticed that the overhead LED lights would flicker ever so slightly. Then, the overhead light in front of the TV in the main living area went out. We knew this was something we wanted to have fixed and looked at, but we were waiting for a better time for us to take it in. (We are military and are full-timing in our trailer on base where we work.)

About a month after the light went out, the range hood fan started acting up. We had used it plenty of times before, but this time it blew the fuse that was attached to the refrigerator and that hood. We tried replacing the fuse and reusing it... same result.

Two electrical issues... Now we definitely need to take it in.

We took it in to the dealership we purchased from (That experience was a nightmare. I wont subject you to that story.) and when we got it back, they told us they replaced the hood, replaced a seal around the AC, and ordered us new lights. They were going to call us at a later date to come in and get the lights switched out. Still haven't heard from them on that one.

We have had our trailer back for about 4 weeks now, and it has been raining here and there in Southern California where we are. The storms we had a couple weeks ago were much worse. But, it was last night and today that have me worried.

Last night I got up to get a drink in the middle of the night and I noticed a small puddle of water between the end of the cabinet (with the sink on top) and the carpet in front of the couch. It looked like it came from the edge of the cabinet and was migrating toward the carpet. So, I thought it was some water that dripped down from some dishes I did earlier in the evening that were drying. I mopped it up and went about my business.

About 12 hours later, I went to the trailer during my lunch hour, and I noticed that the water was back. And, there was more this time. I went to wipe it up and in the daylight I could see the bottom around the edge of the end of the cabinet was all wet. I opened the cupboard and the top shelf under the sink was not wet. But, the bottom one was.

I took everything out and wiped it up. From what I could see, the water is not coming from the sink or any of the piping or connectors. I saw another post that said it could be condensation from the fridge or a bad seal on the vent for the hood. Any ideas? We really dont want to deal with our dealership again and being "homeless" if this is something small.

On the other hand, so many issues for a brand new trailer! We are wanting to trade up to a fifth wheel toy hauler already for the space and convenience, but don't want to lose money on a trade in. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!
m1ssm0rgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:06 AM   #2

Hello Miss Morgan,
Fellow So. CA T2700 owner here. I can't offer any advice on the leak. Except check the connections on the underneath side of the sink valve. Our bathroom sink connection was not tight when we first got it and we fixed a small leak just by hand tightening the connection.

However the light fixtures are easy to replace. I have had one go out since picking up our TT in October. We have a list of about a dozen minor warrenty repairs it is in for now with a new Forest River dealer who apparently is learning the red tape requirements to get warrenty parts from Forest River with our trailer. Not so critical as yours since ours is for recreation only and not a full time home like yours but it has been two weeks already. Save yourself the hassle of moving out and taking it in and buy new light fixtures. I found equivalent ones for less than $15 on several websites but consider upgrading to a dimmable one for a few dollars more.

I looked but I never found an exact match to the ones in our trailer but if you are worried about them all matching there is a matching fixture in our pass through compartment on the passenger side, put the replacement in the storage and move the original fixture to the interior so they all match still.

Good luck!
Techgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:53 AM   #3

Leaks can be a real bastard sometimes to find. The actual leak is here, but it makes it to where you see it over there. Most Dealer Service departments will just start throwing poop at the wall and hope it sticks.

If you want to find it yourself. Take a garden hose and find a nozzle that simulates the rain as closely as possible to when it was leaking, and if it was a wind driven rain attempt to spray from that direction. Start on the exterior at the nearest location to where you found the water inside and go slow. Two people works better, one inside to watch. Start at the lowest thing right near the leak and the lowest item such as a window if one is nearby or if something is lower such as an outside shower, cable outlet, etc. Always start at the lowest item and try and spray one thing at a time working your way up the wall. If nothing is noticed inside by the time you get up to the gutter or awning rail, then try and flood that rail without getting the remainder of the roof wet. If nothing is found there then go to the roof spraying individual items from the lowest to the highest.

I usually go quick the first time around, a few minutes at each location. If you find nothing then it gets time consuming because you need to start over, and spend more time at each location. At least if you go through this process yourself, you may be able to pinpoint the location to tell the dummies at the shop what they need to fix.
Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 07:22 AM   #4

Miss Morgan- my first question is if you are using a water pressure regulator? I understand that you are "camping" on base but I had a trip where the pressure would build overnight and I would wake up to a mystery puddle also from the crimps. The camp host told me that as their water tank refills, the pressure gets to about 70 psi.

And if that isn't it, you are down the road from Rialto- where you unit was built. They have the ability to test air pressure leaks in your unit thus finding the water leak. Send me a PM and I will get you the plant managers name. They have been great helping me with my couch drawer punching thru my sink cabinet-TWICE! [emoji35]

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:05 PM   #5

Have you any updates on your issues?

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
evo, issues, leak, problem, rain, refrigerator, seal, t2700, trailer, travel, vent, water