Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2022, 12:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 7
Electric leveling jacks

As I mentioned I just purchased this Evo. I cannot find where to raise and lower the leveling/stabilizing jacks. I cannot see a button on the outside of unit, would it not have a button?
Thanks again
denisegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 01:04 PM   #2
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 34,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisegold View Post
As I mentioned I just purchased this Evo. I cannot find where to raise and lower the leveling/stabilizing jacks. I cannot see a button on the outside of unit, would it not have a button?
Thanks again
Just to clarify, those are NOT leveling jacks. Only stabilizing jacks.
NEVER use them for leveling.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 12:38 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 7
Thank you. Again never done this before. Anyone thoughts on bumper mounted bike rack? I have three pedal bikes that I need to mount or is that also a issue??
denisegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 02:14 PM   #4
Site Team
 
bikendan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 34,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by denisegold View Post
Thank you. Again never done this before. Anyone thoughts on bumper mounted bike rack? I have three pedal bikes that I need to mount or is that also a issue??
As an avid cyclist, I would never put my bikes on the rear of my trailer. That's why I have a truck.
NEVER attach a bike rack to just the bumper of a ultralight trailer. If you're determined to do this, have a 2in receiver welded and braced to the frame and bumper.
__________________
Dan-Retired California Firefighter/EMT
Shawn-Musician/Entrepreneur/Wine Expert
and Zoe the Wonder Dog(R.I.P.)
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 09:39 PM   #5
Member
 
HappiCampr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sequim, WA
Posts: 35
Yes, if you have electric stabilizers, there should be a black rocker switch on the body of the trailer in 4 places, even with each stabilizer jack. Push on one side or the other and you should hear the stabilizer start to come down. Push the other way and it will go up. If you don't have those, it may be a different model than ours. Hope you figure it out.
__________________
"Life is a beautiful ride."

Starsky: 2017 Sonoma (Explorer Edition) 220RBS
Hitch: 2015 F-250 Super Duty LB
HappiCampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:57 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
As an avid cyclist, I would never put my bikes on the rear of my trailer. That's why I have a truck.
NEVER attach a bike rack to just the bumper of a ultralight trailer. If you're determined to do this, have a 2in receiver welded and braced to the frame and bumper.

Iím throwing them on the roof of excursion. Thanks
denisegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 09:58 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2022
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiCampr View Post
Yes, if you have electric stabilizers, there should be a black rocker switch on the body of the trailer in 4 places, even with each stabilizer jack. Push on one side or the other and you should hear the stabilizer start to come down. Push the other way and it will go up. If you don't have those, it may be a different model than ours. Hope you figure it out.

Funny, found the switches but I think only on one side. Maybe one switch controls the front two and rear switch the rear two??
denisegold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 03:26 PM   #8
Member
 
HappiCampr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sequim, WA
Posts: 35
Smile

Yes, you are correct. One for front and one for back. (I forgot that until we went camping this week, and I thought of you when we put the stabilizers down.)
__________________
"Life is a beautiful ride."

Starsky: 2017 Sonoma (Explorer Edition) 220RBS
Hitch: 2015 F-250 Super Duty LB
HappiCampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
electric, jacks, leveling, leveling jack

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:41 AM.