Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #1

evo or r-pod

i'm looking to purchase my first rv. I've narrowed it to either the evo 195rb or the rpod 180
looking for opinions on which is better. any comments are appreciated.
I like the rpod quality but I like the evo walk around bed and larger shower/tub.
rpod would be a breeze to tow. evo I would need wider mirrors and an upgraded htch. evo is $4000 less.
but, the rpod looks to be made much better, evo interior has loose sawdust and trim looks like it was tacked on and the cabinets look to have fronts made of cardboard. that said I like the extra room.
I did finally get into both of them. the rpod w/ the wet bathroom was so tiny I could barely turn around, although I don't plan on spending a lot of time in the shower, I would like to get into it and i'm only 5'4". the shower in the separate shower model rpod is tiny, it will work. its ok, not great. but i'm not planning on camping more than a few days at a time.
at this point i'm leaning towards the rpod as an easy first camper. is the rpod that much nicer than the evo quality wise????

other suggestions; what size of generator do I need to run a/c for 8 hours? I have been told 2 2000 generators and I've been told one 2000-3000.
note; I've stayed in a lot of different rvs owned by friends, rented motor homes and big TTs. I wanted to go cheap and used but realized I feel like a bad hotel, its just not worth it. handles falling off, bad flooring, counters peeling.. etc. I don't want to play rv repairman everytime I use it. the newer lite tiny trailers seem to be much better designed and built than the 2000 -2010 models?
I fell in love w the keystone bullet premier, I think it was the 19?? but when on site, it was so tall, and very wide. I realized I did not want to tow it w/ a 4runner. if I was only going 2 hours on the flats, fine, but w/ wind, rain snow, over passes, not for me. but it was gorgeous. upgrading the 4runner is not an option.

Thanks!!!
hesperusaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 08:16 PM   #2
PhD, Common Sense

We tow our R-Pod 178 with a Nissan Titan and had no need for wider mirrors. Towing is a dream.
eye95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
r-pod