Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #1

Mattress Replacement

The mattress that comes in these trailers is horrible. We’ve been using a memory foam mattress pad on top of the mattress, but it’s still not comfortable enough. We’re tired of not sleeping when on vacation and having sore backs in the morning.

Any recommendations on a brand of mattress to replace the junk mattress that comes with the trailer?
Evo2700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:16 PM   #2

I replaced mine after 3 trips in my new rv. I bought the Zinus, 8 inch memory foam mattress from Amazon. The reviews seemed pretty good, and I only bought the 8 inch thick one because I didn’t want to have to stretch up too high to sit down on a thicker one. I’ve only used it a couple times since, but it seemed pretty comfortable, and I slept well. The price on Amazon was fantastic. It wasn’t so expensive that if I didn’t like it too well I wouldn’t feel so bad to replace it again. It is way more comfortable than the one that came with the unit. I have memory ones at home and one in the last motorhome so I am used to them. Some people prefer a thicker one pending on their weight and what they deem more comfortable, it’s an individual thing.
Stratoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 06:19 PM   #3

Mattress

Sorry for my typos, I meant depending not pending, and sorry for a couple of other mistakes.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:33 PM   #4

Response to Mattress question.

When I bought my Zinus RV queen, 8 inch mattress, Amazon had them in stock for $164.99 last January. I just looked, and they said it was out of stock, but available from others for more. Mattress comfort is so personal, as you know. Mine didn’t off gas much and rose to a full 8 inch loft in a relatively short time. I am very satisfied. Others had different experiences.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:10 PM   #5

That’s actually one of the ones my wife was looking at online. Thanks for the info!

2015 Evo 2700
2017 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4.10
Evo2700 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement