Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2016, 11:22 AM   #1

Rear stabilizer jacks stuck up

2016 evo the rear jacks are stuck in the up position, when I hit the switch to Lower them there doesn't seem to be any power to them? I hit the up and there is power they just kinda jump. Don't see a way to manually lower them other than with vice grips which I am reluctant to do?
Stetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:48 AM   #2

I would first locate the motor and see if one of the stabilizer pads is binding up against the motor assembly if that's the case raise up jacks a little and try to free up the pad. That happened to us on our first trip out with the new TT.

Happy Camping!

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5'7" Bed
4 X 4 Engine 5.7L Hemi Gear 3.92
Airlift 1000
2015 2809W Windjammer (Diamond Package)
Husky Centerline WDH
ov845 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #3
Site Team

It seems like the switch is bad on one side. You can try spraying some contact cleaner into the switch and operating it several times to see if it starts working.

You should have a handle that fits over the end of the screw rod on the stabilizers. Mine is stored on the wall of the pass-thru storage. It's used for manually operating the stabilizers.

Since it's a 2016, it should still be under warranty, but that switch is pretty easy to replace yourself. If you're pretty handy, I'd suggest just getting a new switch from Amazon or Grainger and replacing it yourself.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetay View Post
2016 evo the rear jacks are stuck in the up position, when I hit the switch to Lower them there doesn't seem to be any power to them? I hit the up and there is power they just kinda jump. Don't see a way to manually lower them other than with vice grips which I am reluctant to do?
Ive got an EVO and here are some things to try...

1) did you use the remote to raise/lower them? If you did you have to use the remote again to get it back to the starting position. For instance, if you lowered them with the switch, then raised them with the remote, you have to lower them with the remote before the switch will work again.

2) there should be a tool to manual raise/lower them in the front pass through storage.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 09:32 AM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideSaints View Post
1) did you use the remote to raise/lower them? If you did you have to use the remote again to get it back to the starting position. For instance, if you lowered them with the switch, then raised them with the remote, you have to lower them with the remote before the switch will work again.
That's very odd. The light switch works that way, but normally the motor circuits will operate either by remote or local switch, interchangeably.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:37 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
That's very odd. The light switch works that way, but normally the motor circuits will operate either by remote or local switch, interchangeably.
I thought the same thing when I bought it and was going through the walk through. But sure enough it is correct.

Everything on my EVO works that way, stab jacks, awning, LED and slide. Not sure if it is just an EVO thing.

Old 06-24-2016, 10:40 AM   #7
Site Team

That's certainly good info to have. Ours will work using either switch or remote. We can even lower or raise them part way with one and the rest of the way with the other.

I'll definitely file that away for future reference.

I'd like to know if it's just an EVO thing, or if other units work that way too?
Old 06-24-2016, 10:46 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
That's certainly good info to have. Ours will work using either switch or remote. We can even lower or raise them part way with one and the rest of the way with the other.

I'll definitely file that away for future reference.

I'd like to know if it's just an EVO thing, or if other units work that way too?
I have never met anyone else with an EVO with the electric package but I would like know too. I do know at the dealer there were 2 other T2850s and they were all the same way.

Old 06-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #9

My rear stab jacks would not work using the switch once. But they would work using the remote. The fuse was blown in the LCI control board. I replaced it and all is well. I think if you don't let go of the switch as soon as the jacks are fully retracted it tax's the motor and blows the fuse. No problems since.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:30 PM   #10

I have my remote at home in the filing cabinet. The dealer warned me of the possible issues with the remote fighting the system, so I have never used it. It also helped that I threw away the factory electric "stabilizer" jacks that simply didn't work well, in favor of some after market jacks that are tremendous.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
roylynn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, stabilizers