Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-20-2022, 01:13 PM   #1

Replacing a window

We have a broken window over the dinette. Has anyone ever replaced a window in your trailer? This is the kind that slides open but also has a hinge at the top for an emergency exit. The frame is not damaged and only one side of the window is broken. Forest River, according to our RV repair place, has lost their window contractor. Our local glass place doesn't do RVs. Any suggestions for DIY? We've never done this before. Thanks in advance.

Starsky: 2017 Sonoma (Explorer Edition) 220RBS
Hitch: 2015 F-250 Super Duty LB
HappiCampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2022, 01:47 PM   #2

Replaced a window

Yes, I replaced a window in my Flagstaff 21 FBRS. It was really very easy. The one over the sink was a crank out type that let in very little air. So I ordered a slider type and it took only about an hour to interchange them.

I got the new window from Pellandent https://www.pellandent.com/ They were very helpful in the ordering process. Only two gotchas in the work. I had to remove the old window before ordering so I had the wall thickness right and knew the radius of the corner curve. Then I could order and wait for delivery. The delivery cost was almost as much as the window. That hurt.

Good luck with that.
Equal-I-Zer
Arizona Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2022, 10:01 AM   #3

Thank you, Arizona Mike! We finally found a glass place that would cut the tinted glass for us. We had to take the frame to them so they could make a template, then they subcontracted to another company to create the window and put it in the frame. We are currently awaiting arrival (it has taken about 2 weeks but should be here next week.) Cost will be about $350. Then me will have to put it back into the wall.

Starsky: 2017 Sonoma (Explorer Edition) 220RBS
Hitch: 2015 F-250 Super Duty LB
HappiCampr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window