Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2018, 10:05 PM   #1

Sonoma (Evo twin) lower edge trim fading

Hello

I have a Sonoma which seems to be very similar to the EVO. There’s a dark brown aluminum edging that on the lower part of the trailer. It seems to be fading in “splotches”. I used a cleaner wax and took of some oxidation. Even though that lessened the appearance it’s still there.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1515899050.495155.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	160138

A bit nervous to use a polisher as it might rub off some paint from the ridges. It’s really thin aluminum.

I do cover it when not in use and have only had it for about 6 mos. bought new.

Anyone else have this issue and how did you fix?

Thanks in advance.
rednielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 03:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednielsen View Post
Hello

I have a Sonoma which seems to be very similar to the EVO. There’s a dark brown aluminum edging that on the lower part of the trailer. It seems to be fading in “splotches”. I used a cleaner wax and took of some oxidation. Even though that lessened the appearance it’s still there.

Attachment 160138

A bit nervous to use a polisher as it might rub off some paint from the ridges. It’s really thin aluminum.

I do cover it when not in use and have only had it for about 6 mos. bought new.

Anyone else have this issue and how did you fix?

Thanks in advance.
It looks like we both own a 240BHS. I haven't had this issue with mine. However, I've had a number of other issues, some of which are presently being repaired by the Forest River service department in Rialto, CA. You could try calling them to see if they will help you out. Their phone number is 909-421-7972. How is your Sonoma holding up other wise?
2013 Toyota Tundra DC Limited- 4x4, 5.7L, Factory Tow Package, Factory Deck Rail System, Factory Cargo Divider, Trac-Rac G2 Sliding Rack System, Bak Revolver X Rolling Tonneau Cover, Tekonsha P3 Trailer Brake Controller, Grand Aero Towing Mirrors, Andersen "No Sway" WDH.

2018 Sonoma 240 BHS: Fourth TT And Worst Quality So Far.
Campforlife is offline   Reply With Quote