Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2019, 06:31 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggybuggy View Post
Changing the subject here a touch but pervious posts mentioned a "flipped" spring after a tire change. Can someone explain the mechanics of this? I picture of the condition would be helpful.
Many TTs come with the axles already "flipped" which is called overslung (spring over axle). The reason and benefit is that there doesn't need to be a wheel well extending upward into a floor space and can thus have the entire floor available for each particular layout.

Some will flip their axles to gain more ground clearance and others for more tire to floor clearance. Axles are easy to flip and there's a kit you can buy (Dexter I think). IIRC, flipping by using the kit isn't recommended and I think because the spacer piece may not stay put. But I think the piece can be welded in place (by a certified welder only). Some googling will give you lots of info.

Here's a pic of a kit that's available.

Old 06-25-2019, 07:21 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
Many TTs come with the axles already "flipped" which is called overslung (spring over axle). The reason and benefit is that there doesn't need to be a wheel well extending upward into a floor space and can thus have the entire floor available for each particular layout.

Some will flip their axles to gain more ground clearance and others for more tire to floor clearance. Axles are easy to flip and there's a kit you can buy (Dexter I think). IIRC, flipping by using the kit isn't recommended and I think because the spacer piece may not stay put. But I think the piece can be welded in place (by a certified welder only). Some googling will give you lots of info.

Here's a pic of a kit that's available.

Someone had mentioned the bracket flip after a tire install.

Quote, "I had tires installed by discount and my brackets had fipped. Causing to much load on one side."
Ruggybuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:27 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruggybuggy View Post
Someone had mentioned the bracket flip after a tire install.

Quote, "I had tires installed by discount and my brackets had fipped. Causing to much load on one side."
Yes it happen to me when discount replaced my tires.

My first
kho6658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kho6658 View Post
Yes it happen to me when discount replaced my tires.
Can you clarify that? Not sure exactly what you mean. Did the spacer thingy between axle and tie plate slip out or ??
Old 06-25-2019, 07:52 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by myredracer View Post
Can you clarify that? Not sure exactly what you mean. Did the spacer thingy between axle and tie plate slip out or ??
No axle flip, the bracket that holds the spring that should be at the highest position was flipped and was in the down position. Causing the spring to be flat.

My first
kho6658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:32 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujosp View Post
A picture would be great but I’m hoping someone with the same tt could send me a pick.
Looking at the picture you posted it looks like your spring have flattened out. You mentioned that the new spring look the same so I'm thinking that the trailer came with insufficient springs for the trailer weight. Look at my pic and the springs have a nice arch to them.
Ruggybuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 09:58 PM   #67

Question 292BHDS tires rubbing

My 2017 FE 292BHDS is rubbing the floor, too. I upgraded the tires from factory to GY Endurance 215/75r14 but didn’t think the size up would matter. Did the OP get this fixed? If so, how?
Off Rez is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, tire, tires