Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-27-2017, 10:57 PM   #1

Where can I get information about my trailer?

I recently bought a 2016 Evo 220RBS. The Forest River site has no info at all about this model, in fact not a single periodical or review site I can find shows that it even exists. I have asked in this forum if anyone else owns one, with no replies. The only place I find that it exists is places selling them. In these adds I see pictures of them with the label "Explorer Edition", which mine does not have. It would be nice to know the difference, and to be able to ask questions. If not here, where else can I look?
Evo220rbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:17 AM   #2
Site Team

You might try contacting Forest River Inc. directly to see if they have the advert for your model. Could try doing an advance search here on this forum for other Evo owners.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:28 AM   #3
Site Team

It appears to be a Western US only Evo line.
Probably manufactured in Oregon or So Cal.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:31 AM   #4
Site Team

Below are two threads but I found more threads when I did an Advanced Search (located in the dark green banner toward the top of the page). You will need to click to find the part relating to Evo (topic or member).

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f234/evo-owners-64151.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f63/hello-from-the-central-coast-of-california-new-evo-t2700-128983.html
What type of information are you seeking?

Old 03-28-2017, 12:37 AM   #5
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Evo Travel Trailers by Forest River RV
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 12:15 PM   #6

Evo Travel Trailers by Forest River RV
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:32 PM   #7

Thanks everyone for responding, I followed the threads and still nothing in there about a 220rbs? Unless I am totally missing the reference? The Evo links don't even show my floor plan, kind of my point. I would love to hear about experiences, tips, mods, etc from others that own this specific floor plan, but as I said, so far I haven't seen any.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:26 AM   #8
Site Team

The two previous posts apparently didn't read your post.
Their links were for 2017, yours is a 2016.
Yours isn't listed on any Evo brochure that I found.
Plus, I wasn't able to find anything showing Evo models made out West.
I would look for contact info for the Evo line and see if they can get you any info.

I looked your model. Your Evo is all filon-sided, nor aluminum like other Evos.
Strangely it looks a lot like a PT Tracer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 03-29-2017, 07:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
Below are two threads but I found more threads when I did an Advanced Search (located in the dark green banner toward the top of the page). You will need to click to find the part relating to Evo (topic or member).

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f234/evo-owners-64151.html

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f63/hello-from-the-central-coast-of-california-new-evo-t2700-128983.html
What type of information are you seeking?

Hi Terier,
Not sure what you mean by "Advanced Search"? If you mean the search icon in the green banner, then I tried it and found nothing. Apparently there is no one else on this forum with this floor plan. I did find that Forest River has changed this model from Evo to Sonoma for 2017, seems identical to mine in all but name. Perhaps someone with a Sonoma 220rbs can chime in?
Old 03-29-2017, 07:55 PM   #10
Site Team

You might try seeking Evo/Sonoma owners out by looking at members signatures in posts.

I'm out camping and enjoying this wonderful spring weather. Once I get home and back on my computer I will see if I can find anything.

Many mods are borrowed from members with different units and floor plans. Can't hurt to check out the "I pimp my...." type threads.

Old 03-29-2017, 07:57 PM   #11
Site Team

Where can I get information about my trailer?

PS
FR sometimes will have 2 lines of trailers that are twins (same unit but different names). But maybe they did switched lines for your unit.

Old 03-29-2017, 09:02 PM   #12

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...0RBS-121339179
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:05 PM   #13
Site Team

In the search option in the dark green banner there is an advanced search option. When selected another window will display so you enter key words.

Old 03-30-2017, 12:57 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
You might try seeking Evo/Sonoma owners out by looking at members signatures in posts.
To add to Terie's suggestion, you can also search members profiles for those who may have added EVO as their RV make.

We keep this thread as a sticky in the Forum Admin, News, and member account subsection that explain in detail how to do a search for this:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ile-53932.html

Doing a search returned this for me below. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	evomembers.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	133282  

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:35 PM   #15

I have a 2016 evo 200RD
RD is for rear dining, not sure what the 200 is. It has a 20 ft long box but is about 26 ft counting the tongue and back bumper. There is not much information on these. I'm not sure if you are looking for something specific, think you have to take info off the other models for stuff like what size the tanks are. Let me know if you find anything else.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4771.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	253.4 KB
ID:	133538  
Stetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 07:54 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stetay View Post
I have a 2016 evo 200RD
RD is for rear dining, not sure what the 200 is. It has a 20 ft long box but is about 26 ft counting the tongue and back bumper. There is not much information on these. I'm not sure if you are looking for something specific, think you have to take info off the other models for stuff like what size the tanks are. Let me know if you find anything else.
I have been curious about the meaning of the number in my model designation as well, within the particular brand it seems the larger number indicates a longer trailer. My 220rbs is just under 27 feet, rbs indicates rear bath/shower. I have all the specs, but when I emailed FR tech support for ladder mounting location and what all was pre-wired for solar, I got better info from the sticker. Pretty much was just told to go to my dealer so they could do everything for me. Hoping to connect with people that work on their own...
Old 04-16-2018, 11:14 PM   #17

Send a message via AIM to MendocinoExplorer Send a message via Skype™ to MendocinoExplorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo220rbs View Post
I have been curious about the meaning of the number in my model designation as well, within the particular brand it seems the larger number indicates a longer trailer. My 220rbs is just under 27 feet, rbs indicates rear bath/shower. I have all the specs, but when I emailed FR tech support for ladder mounting location and what all was pre-wired for solar, I got better info from the sticker.

Thanks for the ‘Rear Bath/Shower’ part!
I was told that the ‘220’ part was the total square footage WITH the dinette extended. Not sure if this is true, because my 220RBS specs say the unit is 26’ 11” in length.

So, rounding up to 27 feet:

8 x 27 equals 216 ( not 220, but maybe ‘marketing speak’?).

216 sq. ft. does not include the area of the slide out.

As a retired cabinet maker with lots of time and tools, I have made a few modifications ( and LOTS of repairs). Happy to share these with other Evo/Sonoma owners upon request. The best mod so far was the addition of a 2 gallon ‘accumulator’ tank. ( pressure tank ) under the sink, to keep the water pump noise tolerable.

My unit was delivered with the exterior roof rear ladder pre-installed as a factory option.

Thanks
Rennie
Old 06-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #18

We have a 2017 Sonoma, and it's identical to yours, right down to the bedspread. We didn't know anything about the west coast line until just a couple of months ago. We, too, have had difficulty finding info about our model. When we needed to know stuff, we had to pick the individual appliance or issue and deal with one thing at a time. I can't believe that FR would put out products without owners manuals! After some initial repairs, we have been happy with it. Just wish, hope and pray that other similar owners will chime in, since we're newbies and not fix-it minded.
HappiCampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:15 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiCampr View Post
I can't believe that FR would put out products without owners manuals!
Nearly all RV manufacturers only provide a generic owners manual, not just FR. It's the RV industry standard.
I'd say probably 90%.

You should've gotten individual owners manuals for all the important stuff, from their manufacturer.
Old 06-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #20

That's true, bikendan. However, just because 90% of the industry does it that way, doesn't make it right or helpful. I would think we could reasonable expect a schematic about where all of the lines are for plumbing and wiring. Also, the individual manuals we got are not specific for OUR models, and they are more about installation than user info. We have to go on a search for model numbers and serial numbers every time we need a little input. Seems like the industry could up their game, just like other industries have to do for customer info and support.
HappiCampr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer