Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #1

Blu-ray Player upgrade

Has anyone changed out the DVD player in the Legacy for a Blu-ray? I went to look at one today and it seems the converter box only takes component connections and doesn't have a HDMI connection.
dndnva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:23 AM   #2

For a fact, the Legacy is only wired with coax, not HDMI. I nearly fainted when I discovered it. I have 3 HD TV's, but not wired for HD unless I am using antenna which is usually never. Not sure what to do but I will figure it out.
captnrick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 07:40 AM   #3

I wonder if we will have to change out the whole box? I may call FR and see if there is an upgrade since they are building mine now.
dndnva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #4

Were you successful in getting an upgrade to HDMI?
Old 04-20-2015, 08:23 AM   #5
7 Year Class A RV'er

I've only changed out the one in the living area so far, but I just installed the BluRay player where the old unit was and ran an HDMI cable up to the TV's HDMI port. Then I can switch input sources without messing with the distribution box. Made sure I got a DVD with wireless capability so I could get subscription services (assuming good WiFi in a campground - fat chance!). Means buying a new DVD player for each set I want the capability on but a Sony player is only like $69.
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 06:20 PM   #6

That would work in a 360, but not in a 340. Our living area TVs are on the opposite side of the room from the DVD player and converter box.
Old 04-23-2015, 07:19 PM   #7
7 Year Class A RV'er

Check Camping World for a wireless HDMI device by Rocketfish. Usually sells for $300 but is clearanced right now for $97. It would do just what you need. Transmitter hooks to DVD, receiver hooks to HDMI on TV.
Old 04-26-2015, 05:53 PM   #8
7 Year Class A RV'er

Does anyone have a suggestion for the best way to route an HDMI cable from the base cabinet under the main TV in a 360RB to the upper space behind the TV? There are coax cables routed between there, but those routes appear to be full. Right now I'm considering cutting an access hatch behind the TV mounting bracket at the top and trying to route down a back corner of the middle cabinet to the vase cabinet. Thanks.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
Old 04-26-2015, 07:31 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by conceptumator View Post
Does anyone have a suggestion for the best way to route an HDMI cable from the base cabinet under the main TV in a 360RB to the upper space behind the TV? There are coax cables routed between there, but those routes appear to be full. Right now I'm considering cutting an access hatch behind the TV mounting bracket at the top and trying to route down a back corner of the middle cabinet to the vase cabinet. Thanks.
Sorry, can't help. We have a 340, totally different. I have looked over wiring ours with HDMI and it's more than I want to deal with. Coax will be it for us. We are not into fancy movies anyway, and fairly often get decent over the air HD.

Tags
upgrade