Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2018, 11:04 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
Brought home our new Legacy 34a

We traded in our 2016 coachmen pursuit made by Forest River. had it 3 years with no issues at all. so we decided to go with another Forest river. got a brand new 2018 Legacy 34a. did the walk through on friday. they rush you through so fast you forget to check things. we brought it home Friday afternoon. went out Saturday morning to start loading everything back in. the rear air doesn't work, the Truma water heater is not working and a couple of other small things. just amazes me with quality control these days. called our salesman and all they say is contact service. as soon as you sign the papers, they are done with you. not their problem anymore. and of course service is booked for a week and we are supposed to leave this weekend on a 1000 mile trip to Oregon. this is not starting out good. hopefully they can get everything repaired by this friday, otherwise we will by driving the car and staying in hotels. witch defeats the purpose of having your home on wheels. sorry had to vent.
rls1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 11:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 2,559
That's a beautiful rig. Sorry about your problems.

You've probably already checked the fuses and circuit breakers?
__________________
2015 Dynamax REV 24TB class C
Reverse_snowbird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 03:12 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
DieselDude916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 29
I had a heck of a time with our Truma but it came down to the start up process. (still not happy with the performance) The process is ridiculous in my opinion but it is what it is.
To start it
Turn the switch on the actual unit outside
Turn the LP hot water heater switch on the panel inside
Then turn it on the round knob in the bathroom.
DieselDude916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,485
Your problems are most likely related to your quick PDI rather than build quality .

Taking delivery on a Friday afternoon may have caused some of the rush.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 07:39 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Your problems are most likely related to your quick PDI rather than build quality .

Taking delivery on a Friday afternoon may have caused some of the rush.


Hit send by mistake.

Congratulations. You should be OK once you get over the initial honeymoon.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:12 PM   #6
Geno
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Partlow, Va
Posts: 54
Here a good number for truma 855-558-7862. They are great to deal with.
allman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
thanks, we dropped it off Monday morning with service, supposed to let me know tomorrow how many weeks to repair. they had almost 2 weeks from the time we signed the papers until picking it up to check things out. I can see little issues. but ac and water heater are major things to not be working. lesson learned to double and triple check everything before leaving dealership lot.
rls1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:45 PM   #8
Member
 
jvenditte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by rls1964 View Post
We traded in our 2016 coachmen pursuit made by Forest River. had it 3 years with no issues at all. so we decided to go with another Forest river. got a brand new 2018 Legacy 34a. did the walk through on friday. they rush you through so fast you forget to check things. we brought it home Friday afternoon. went out Saturday morning to start loading everything back in. the rear air doesn't work, the Truma water heater is not working and a couple of other small things. just amazes me with quality control these days. called our salesman and all they say is contact service. as soon as you sign the papers, they are done with you. not their problem anymore. and of course service is booked for a week and we are supposed to leave this weekend on a 1000 mile trip to Oregon. this is not starting out good. hopefully they can get everything repaired by this friday, otherwise we will by driving the car and staying in hotels. witch defeats the purpose of having your home on wheels. sorry had to vent.
I have the same legacy coach and had the exact same problem. The start up sequence I saw posted was what fixed my issue. 1. Ensure the powe er switch is on and a green light is present on the unit (outside on the full wall slide). 2. Turn the switch knob to off next to the sink. 3. On the precisionplex key pad, turn on the lp and tank heater. 4. Turn the knob to on.
jvenditte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:11 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvenditte View Post
I have the same legacy coach and had the exact same problem. The start up sequence I saw posted was what fixed my issue. 1. Ensure the powe er switch is on and a green light is present on the unit (outside on the full wall slide). 2. Turn the switch knob to off next to the sink. 3. On the precisionplex key pad, turn on the lp and tank heater. 4. Turn the knob to on.
Yes, the Truma setup is a little more involved at first. Then should be simple. The dealers should set it up properly at PDI so the buyer knows what to do.

Rear air couple something simple too. Seem the Dealer let you down .
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:17 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
they ordered a new ac unit for the rear. they are still working on the water heater.they have to contact Truma because they have no idea whats wrong with it. they don't even have an eta when it will be fixed. the first payment is due next week and more than likely it will still be at the service department. the funny thing is, it will be a month next week and I still have not received a courtesy call from anyone in the sales department asking how things are going. that is poor customer service.
rls1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 07:49 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,485
Name of dealer?
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:11 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
purchased it from Giant RV in Murrieta CA.
rls1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2018, 08:03 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by rls1964 View Post
purchased it from Giant RV in Murrieta CA.


Sorry for your troubles. Legacy fits our needs so we are thinking of getting one in not distant future. Won't be buying in CA.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:40 AM   #14
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 8
Yup has similar experience with poor customer sercice at giant Rv. Seems like they are just super hungry to sell the coach , not well informed and really do a poor job on follow up ! Best of luck !
JJJLaramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 01:54 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
The saga continues

Got the legacy back after a few weeks in service, replaced rear Ac unit, replaced or repaired a switch on the truma water heater. so we decide to just go for one night here at local lake campgrounds to test everything, since we haven't got to use it yet. got to the lake, hooked up. noticed a small amount of water dripping, after closer inspection, all of the water lines going into the small manifolds have shut off valves, they look like they were all over tightened, almost all of the small lock down nuts are cracked. then a few of the shut off valve assemblies are cracked from the stress of the hard plastic lines, because of the angle of how the manifold was bolted down. also noticed that when the full wall slide is in, it's pinching the gas line and the stove and water heater don't work. open a few inches and it works. my wife says it must have been built on a friday or monday. so off to service again. it will be over 2 months and still can't use the motor home.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0835.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	222.8 KB
ID:	185881  
rls1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 03:38 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,485
Man that stinks.

Good photo of the leak.

Maybe if you call the Forest River warranty rep for your coach they will authorize a mobile tech to fix your issues. They have done that for others. That photo will help.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 01:25 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
captnrick3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Lake Havasu City, AZ
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Man that stinks.

Good photo of the leak.

Maybe if you call the Forest River warranty rep for your coach they will authorize a mobile tech to fix your issues. They have done that for others. That photo will help.
I would second that on a photo to the FR factory. I have had excellent response from them on everything. My dealer would be the last place I would go.
__________________
2015 Legacy 340KP
2012 Wrangler Sport
captnrick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:58 PM   #18
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
I contacted Forest River, explained the issues we have been having. of course they said we shouldn't be having any issues. dropped the Legacy back off at service on Monday. Forest River is involved now. so hopefully they don't take to many weeks and we can finally start enjoying the RV.
rls1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Delco Bobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 2,485
Quote:
Originally Posted by rls1964 View Post
I contacted Forest River, explained the issues we have been having. of course they said we shouldn't be having any issues. dropped the Legacy back off at service on Monday. Forest River is involved now. so hopefully they don't take to many weeks and we can finally start enjoying the RV.
Good, some progress, hopefully. Sometimes the factory has to ďleanĒ on the dealer.
__________________
2017 Dynamax REV 24RB
2018 Ford F-150

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.