RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 10-25-2020, 11:41 AM   #1

Captain Chair Replacement (15' 340BH)

Anyone done it? This faux leather is horrible. We've stored our rig indoors from day 1 and very lightly used the chairs themselves yet they are still peeling horribly. Almost like they just have a lifetime regardless of use.

Looking for options to either recover or replace. Honestly I liked the seats and the comfort, but the peeling just looks horrible.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:19 PM   #2

It is possible to get complete chair cover sets from FR parts. Comes with arm rests and all. I cannot find a record of what the cost was, you would think I would remember that. I too was very disappointed at the way all the upholstery degraded. Our rig is parked inside an air conditioned RV garage and I use the best cleaning and protection products. Still fell apart. FR recommended I send our chairs out to have the work done but I was too stubborn and did it myself. It was a hell of a job to say the least, but the chairs look just like new and "supposedly" the material is better, we'll see. I did the job about 18 months ago. Color and texture was not exactly the same but close enough and it came with arm rest covers and all.
Old 11-01-2020, 12:05 AM   #3
C8dnLegacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofoo View Post
Anyone done it? This faux leather is horrible. We've stored our rig indoors from day 1 and very lightly used the chairs themselves yet they are still peeling horribly. Almost like they just have a lifetime regardless of use.

Looking for options to either recover or replace. Honestly I liked the seats and the comfort, but the peeling just looks horrible.

It was a major warranty item for the seat manufacturer - forest River and Tiffin impacted. FR was issuing free replacements for the front seats. I paid to have them installed. My banquet seating and the couch are both a mess. Iím replacing both. The couch with theatre seats and the banquet table with a table and chairs. A friend referred me to Brad and Hall in Elkhart which has a lot of options at good price and reputation is good.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:00 AM   #4

Same here. FR sent me new covers and I had a local upholstery shop do the work. No telling how they would look if I did it. A little lighter shade than the original but not enough to care and weíve replaced the sofa and dinette fusions.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by srappleby View Post
Same here. FR sent me new covers and I had a local upholstery shop do the work. No telling how they would look if I did it. A little lighter shade than the original but not enough to care and weíve replaced the sofa and dinette fusions.
Smart to have a shop do it. I was in the process of looking for a shop when I decided to wade into it myself. End result was good but I confess, I bit off more than I could chew and lots of choice words before they were done.

Tags
replacement