Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #1
7 Year Class A RV'er

Compressed Air Source on Legacy

Just wondering if anyone has installed and upgrade to get a source of compressed air from the onboard systems in the 2015 Legacy. We just got ours last week and in looking at other RV's while shopping, I noticed several of them with a quick disconnect in one of the compartments. Seemed like a great idea for airing up tires, etc. Thoughts, suggestions or pictures would be appreciated. Thanks.
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:24 AM   #2

Did you look in the compartment just in front of the driver's front tire, where the electrical fuse panels are at the top? I know on the 2015 Legacy 360RB I looked at there was one already on the coach and that's where it was.
foretm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
7 Year Class A RV'er

I went back and double checked to make sure I didn't overlook it - not there. Also rechecked all the other compartments and don't find a connection for air. We have the 360RB so I'm not sure if maybe it was an option on the one you looked at or if they just forgot it on mine. I'll have to ask the service folks when I'm in. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-20-2015, 01:00 PM   #4

Look in the generator compartment then. The Freightliner chassis has a compressed air manifold by default you can tap into. See below.

Page 32 - http://freightlinerchassis.com/docum...4504000000.pdf

Also shown here

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	74807
Old 04-20-2015, 08:25 PM   #5
7 Year Class A RV'er

Duh! Stupid on my part! I was looking for a quick disconnect and didn't even think about the manifold. Found it right where you said - front compartment, driver side, with the electrical. Thanks for your help - maybe next time my brain will be running! ��
Old 04-21-2015, 09:15 AM   #6

Great.... glad to hear. Be sure to dump the air bags, chock the vehicle well, and dump the air tanks completely before trying to work on that manifold. It may make sense to put a valve between the manifold and the quick disconnect in case it fails for some reason. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:51 AM   #7

Your manifold in the generator compartment should have a quick connect already installed, at least ours does. Works great and there is no issue airing up the coach tires.
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:20 PM   #8
7 Year Class A RV'er

You are correct - found it with the quick connect this afternoon! Thanks for your help. Gave a great evening.