Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2019, 12:21 PM   #1

Darn, broken window. replacement help!

Something real big hit the bathroom window on the right side and it is all in little pieces. The window is the "Emergency exit" kind, any idea where I can get a replacement fast? and cost?

I wonder how big was the road trash to fly that high and hit that hard. I heard nothing from inside.

Legacy C38. 2018.
South Texas.
SPCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 12:37 AM   #2

manufacturer

The window frame should have a number on it.....either a decal or etched in the lower portions of the window glass if you have any pieces.
I know when I looked through the paperwork there was a list of manufactures that supplied parts for the Motorhome.
necasperaterrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 06:20 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCF View Post
Something real big hit the bathroom window on the right side and it is all in little pieces. The window is the "Emergency exit" kind, any idea where I can get a replacement fast? and cost?

I wonder how big was the road trash to fly that high and hit that hard. I heard nothing from inside.
It may have been nothing more than a small rock 1/8" to 1/4" round. A lot of windshields have been taken out by nothing more than a small pebble.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 06:26 AM   #4
Sunseeker 2400MBW

We had a mobile glass company come. He made a tempered, tinted replacement for about 200$, 18"x24" window. Took about 10 days if I remember correctly.

The park office where we were staying had a card for the company. Maybe you could call a nearby RV park office, they know all that stuff.
Old 11-30-2019, 10:51 AM   #5

Thanks for the ideas...

I ended buying the window from FR directly and to my surprise it came the whole thing, frame and all.

I removed the small lock to slide the glass of the new frame and just replaced the glass.

Still have a brand new frame and clear glass if anyone need it.

Note: While installing the glass I noticed a 2 mm gap in the window frame and the coach wall in one lower corner where water was getting in. Lucky to catch it early before any water damage. Was hard to see, I had the light on inside and on the right angle outside to see the inside light shine out.

Legacy C38. 2018.
South Texas.
SPCF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replacement, window