Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2015, 04:26 PM   #1

Heat duct in basement?

Hello folks!

I just picked up a brand new 2014 340KP. I'm super excited about this new toy!

But in my excitement I missed a few things. Apparently the 2014 Radio system didn't have a NAV system. It's ok cause I have a great NAV plus sat radio I use on my motorcycle that will work well.

But I did assume(ass out of u and me)that the unit came with holding tank hear pads. I asked the dealer and they as FR and the rep came back and said that the HVAC should be plumbed into the basement. And if it's not, the hole should be there to do it easily.

I'm uncomfortable with terms like "should" and "do it easily" when I spent this kind of money on this RV.

Can I get some feedback and thoughts on this holding tank question? I'm in NC so it doesn't normally get crazy cold but last year we had several nights in a row in the teens. I don't plan to keep it outside but what is the thought on how low the temp must go and for how long before issues happen.

Anyway to get a more accurate answer from someone at FR?

Thanks!
jhall1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
Hello folks!

I just picked up a brand new 2014 340KP. I'm super excited about this new toy!

But in my excitement I missed a few things. Apparently the 2014 Radio system didn't have a NAV system. It's ok cause I have a great NAV plus sat radio I use on my motorcycle that will work well.

But I did assume(ass out of u and me)that the unit came with holding tank hear pads. I asked the dealer and they as FR and the rep came back and said that the HVAC should be plumbed into the basement. And if it's not, the hole should be there to do it easily.

I'm uncomfortable with terms like "should" and "do it easily" when I spent this kind of money on this RV.

Can I get some feedback and thoughts on this holding tank question? I'm in NC so it doesn't normally get crazy cold but last year we had several nights in a row in the teens. I don't plan to keep it outside but what is the thought on how low the temp must go and for how long before issues happen.

Anyway to get a more accurate answer from someone at FR?

Thanks!
I live in Virginia right above Oxford NC. last year was the first time I winterized. I just use a plug in heater ceramic in the basement and set it low but I'm plugged in 24/7. If the weather stays below 32 for couple of days you could have a problem. Most times if it comes up daily you will be fine. Hope that helps... If you drain your lines and blow them out you should be fine most of the time here, but who knows anymore with this crazy weather. By the way welcome to the forum....Glenn

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:54 PM   #3

IMHO the dealer should have winterized the unit given the time of year.

Has it had water run thru the plumbing?

If it has then it should be winterized now unless you plan on using it this year or early next year.

If no water has been run thru the plumbing then some RV anti freeze should be dumped in the sinks toilet bowl and shower, the holding tanks should be as empty as possible.

With empty tank there is more than enough room for expanding water.