Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2018, 08:53 PM   #1

Legacy

We are looking to maybe buying a Legacy 34A. We have Georgetown 337 now and was wondering what the pros and cons are to go with the Legacy or stay with the Georgetowns. Look forward to your answers. Thanks.
namvet69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 09:15 AM   #2

we did the same, from a XL360DS Georgetown to a 33.3 Palazzo(basically identical to the Legacy models from FR)...

Diesel is the big difference, along with a more robust 'full coach' battery/Inverter system, front Generator, single entry step, air bags, no 'dog house', no driver noise, etc...

while I enjoyed our Georgetown, and didn't really want to go with a diesel since I knew little about them, my wife 'convinced' me to go along with her desire for the Palazzo - she was right, and I wouldn't go back to a gas unit after several years and 80,000 miles with this powerful smooth riding and economical 12mpg diesel!
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:54 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
we did the same, from a XL360DS Georgetown to a 33.3 Palazzo(basically identical to the Legacy models from FR)...

Diesel is the big difference, along with a more robust 'full coach' battery/Inverter system, front Generator, single entry step, air bags, no 'dog house', no driver noise, etc...

while I enjoyed our Georgetown, and didn't really want to go with a diesel since I knew little about them, my wife 'convinced' me to go along with her desire for the Palazzo - she was right, and I wouldn't go back to a gas unit after several years and 80,000 miles with this powerful smooth riding and economical 12mpg diesel!

I really like the appearance of the Palazzos but have read many horror stories. Mostly about the plumbing, furniture, cabinets and sloppy build.

For my purposes the door aft of the cockpit is a big plus.

Have you experienced many build problems?

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2018, 04:07 PM   #4

I think you'll find many, many Palazzo and Legacy owners that are quite happy, and have not experienced what you have 'read' about.... talk is cheap, but experience owning one is a different story all together, any coach, and I mean any, is apt to have issues - I have delivered many different makes and brands from the factories and have had some issue with every single one. I'm not going to say anything negative about anyone or manufacture in particular, but even the 'big boys' of the industry have issues.

Also, after having delivered many front entry 'bus' style door coaches, I reiterate my desire and enjoyment of the mid-entry door placement!

I do like the Legacys, as they're almost identical to the Palazzo, FR just has not sold nearly as many as Thor has sold Palazzos, so you'll hear more stories about one over the other... but, all in all, Forest River does a nice job.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 10:19 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
I think you'll find many, many Palazzo and Legacy owners that are quite happy, and have not experienced what you have 'read' about.... talk is cheap, but experience owning one is a different story all together, any coach, and I mean any, is apt to have issues - I have delivered many different makes and brands from the factories and have had some issue with every single one. I'm not going to say anything negative about anyone or manufacture in particular, but even the 'big boys' of the industry have issues.

Also, after having delivered many front entry 'bus' style door coaches, I reiterate my desire and enjoyment of the mid-entry door placement!

I do like the Legacys, as they're almost identical to the Palazzo, FR just has not sold nearly as many as Thor has sold Palazzos, so you'll hear more stories about one over the other... but, all in all, Forest River does a nice job.

Thanks for your response.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 06:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by namvet69 View Post
We are looking to maybe buying a Legacy 34A. We have Georgetown 337 now and was wondering what the pros and cons are to go with the Legacy or stay with the Georgetowns. Look forward to your answers. Thanks.
We just purchased a new 2018 Legacy, model 34A. Got it in Tampa Florida, spent 6 evenings in it driving back to Texas. We are very pleased. This was our first experience in ownership!
jvenditte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #7

Congrats on your purchase! Don’t forget to check out this forum to see what others have done to theirs!
There are tons of great ideas and pictures on here...
Best of luck!
Old 03-18-2018, 10:33 AM   #8

Thanks!
jvenditte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 01:04 AM   #9

We just bought a 38c Legacy coming from a 2014 Allegro 35QBA. All I can say is wow! We should have brought a diesel pusher sooner. The ride and stability is night and day from the Ford chassis. And the brakes actually stop you in a safe distance. The power is different but similar. We slowed to 40mph climbing the grape vine where our v-10 was down to 35ish.
DieselDude916 is offline   Reply With Quote